Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

'Save Selection as Library Part' gone in AC16?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just upgraded to 16 from 15 and the 'Save selection as Library Part' function is gonzo? How to make simple library parts now? Need lattice fencing for deck skirting if anyone knows where to find that?
AJ
23 REPLIES 23
Karl Ottenstein
Adrian wrote:
Just upgraded to 16 from 15 and the 'Save selection as Library Part' function is gonzo? How to make simple library parts now? Need lattice fencing for deck skirting if anyone knows where to find that?
AJ
Check your Work Environment. Pretty sure I'm using the standard Menus in the screenshot below ... all is there - and some nice new features, too (saved objects become material-parametric).

For a lattice, also consider using TrussMaker - just draw linework corresponding to the centers of the lathe, and have TM turn the linework into a 3D vertical object ... you can draw the linework right in your elevation(s) ...but will then need to drag the object to your deck, as TM creates the object in the plane of the elevation/section cut.

Cheers,
Karl
Save-Selection.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Adrian:

A shown in Karl's screen shot the old command has been eliminated and replaced with the Object... command (and others for other object types). If you are using an AC 15 or older Work Environment, these will not be there, so add them or use the AC 16 Work Environment.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Guys, nice trick on the Truss Maker for lattice fence. Yes I had kept my 15 work enviro so lost the library part commands. Will go with standard 16 and customize.
Erich
Booster
Also check out Oliver Dentan's lattice object found here: http://archilib.od.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem - I have made a number of my own tool bars, so I'd rather not remake all of them, isn't there a way to add the new save selection as... menu item to my old profile? I have looked in the new commands and all commands sections - but I can't seem to find it to add. Is it not possible to add the new command to an older WE profile?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott:

First you will need to create a new Sub-Menu (could be named "Save Selection as Library Part" as in Karl's screen shot, or given some other name), then add the Object... and other similar commands to this Sub-Menu. This can be done to your current WE.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David - That did it!
sarahric
Contributor
Also having problems here, please help. Save as Library Part not an option, not in work environment options.
Object only has - new object tool, not new with or create object from selection
ArchiCAD 18/Windows 7/16GB Memory/i5 3.2GHz Processor/NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Barry Kelly
sarahric wrote:
Also having problems here, please help. Save as Library Part not an option, not in work environment options.
Object only has - new object tool, not new with or create object from selection
You will either need to load the standard 16 Work Environment or edit your custom (imported) Work Environment to include the new commands for 16.
If you imported a Work Environment from a previous version you will be missing all the new 16 commands.

There should be other threads on this topic if you need help with it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11