BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Saving a new gdl object with added hotspots that does have a file extension of .gsm

walkinthepark
Participant

To whomever can help me:

I am attempting to save a new object (stadium seat) after adding hot spots in the center of the cup holders in the arm rests on either side of the seat, then save the selection as an object, then selecting the folder I want the object deposited into, but it will only save it with a .gsm extension. If I do it this way I am unable to access the object in the OBJECT TOOL because of that .gsm extension. How can I save these new seat objects that have the hot spots added in a format that will allow me to select them with the OBJECT TOOL so I can populate my arenas by dragging or rotating them across a row using the cup holder hot spots? HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

The .gsm extension has nothing to do with you not being able to access it via the Object Tool. Ensure that you are saving as a generic object and not one of the several sub-object classifications. By default, it will also be saved in the Embedded Library so chech the folder into which you are saving your object.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
runxel
Legend

Also make sure the "is placeable" checkbox is ticked. Quite obvious, but sometimes overlooked.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I will look into that and let you know if that was the solution.

Learn and get certified!