cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SketchUp object textures missing on elevations and sections

LaurenH
Beginner

Hi All,

Hoping someone will be able to shed some light 🙂

I'm reviewing my current interior design workflow. I'm planning to model all custom cabinetry and millwork in SketchUp along with adding general finishes and funriture and then import back into Archicad. I'm mostly using Archicad for modelling the shell (walls, windows, doors etc) and all documentation output.

The issue I'm encountering however is, when I import the SketchUp object with all materials applied, only a few materials appear correctly. Most are missing. Everything displays correctly in the 3D view, but there are issues with the elevations and sections.

Any help would be most appreciated! I've attached an image for reference.

Lauren

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Ventura 13.5

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 5.53.34 PM.png

Section view.png

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Have a look in your section/elevation settings.

There is an option to show uncut surfaces with textures.

Maybe that will help, I am not sure how the textures are handled from Sketchup to Archicad.

But as you can see the textures in 3D, this should work I think.

BarryKelly_0-1720526738727.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your reply. This was one of the first things I checked and in the image I attached had uncut surfaces with textures selected. I also dropped in a native archicad object and this showed the textures as expected.

When I exploded the sketchup object to a morph, this then showed the textures, however all the texture mapping was skewed - see further attached image.

I've had a play around and can I've found that I can draw a fill and use an image cover fill or surface fill but it's an arduous process and I cannot align or move textures as freely as I can in Sketchup.

As it stands, I'm still stumped!

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 09.53.09.png

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 10.50.20.png

Setup info provided by author