Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Sketchup Component

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I wonder how to give a GDL-object from a sketchup6 "component"
a cut fill?
Is this possible?

Tanks for any answer !!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
a cut fill?
Is this possible?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
M.E wrote:
a cut fill?
Is this possible?

Hi Markus,

You should specify if you want to do a dumb export from Sketchup (component -> gdl object) or a smart export (construction elements in ArchiCAD). Smart export - njema promlema. Dumb export - most likely mondo problema. However I think you can add a fill within the gdl script. It should be very easy but need to know if you want dumb or smart!?

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
M.E wrote:
a cut fill?
Is this possible?

Hi Markus,

You should specify if you want to do a dumb export from Sketchup (component -> gdl object) or a smart export (construction elements in ArchiCAD). Smart export - njema promlema. Dumb export - most likely mondo problema. However I think you can add a fill within the gdl script. It should be very easy but need to know if you want dumb or smart!?

/Mats
Id u know how to do that with GDL, WRITE MAN !
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
M.E wrote:
a cut fill?
Is this possible?

Hi Markus,

/Mats

Hi Mats. What i am trying to do is (component -> gdl object)
The result after transferring the data by choosing surfaces, ended up with that the roof of my building consisted of both roof elements and wall elements.
A another problem is how this option selects all vertical surfaces on fx, a wall element, then converts each of the faces in to a archicad wall element. The result here is that your original sketchup element is now consisting of four wall elements one for each face. This is a problem.

Smart export??