cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Slab Accessory Question

It seems that wall accessories can draw true arcs, while slab accessories cannot. I don't see anything in the polygon data from the slab that indicates a curve, and the default slab accessory objects use a chain of LINE2s to approximate arcs. If you use a dashed line type the results are not great.

Can anyone add to my limited knowledge?

TIA,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
7 REPLIES 7
LiHigh
Newcomer
Yes, you are right!
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Thomas Holm
Booster
James wrote:
It seems that wall accessories can draw true arcs, while slab accessories cannot...
Roofs can't either, can they?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Roofs can't either, can they?
No, they can't. Only wall accessory produces true 2D arcs.
On other hand, 3D doesn't follow wall geometry (curved walls), so nothing is perfect.

@James.
I am afraid you will have to adapt wall accessory 2D data to slab accessory, to achieve this. Good luck, and a lot of patience.

@Howard.
May be you already did it? I remember a nice slab accessory you wrote.

Cheers,
Olivier
Olivier wrote:
I am afraid you will have to adapt wall accessory 2D data to slab accessory, to achieve this. Good luck, and a lot of patience.
Well, the wall accessories directly ask the walls if they are curved, since there's a subtype parameter for that. On the slab, you would have to analyze a series of points to see if it might represent a curve. It would hurt my head and it wouldn't be very robust IMO.

Why can't that ac_coords data be in x, y, s format, like it would be if you saved the slab as an object? Instead it's this weird hack to say where the polygons end, and no other status codes in sight.
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Thomas Holm
Booster
James wrote:
Why can't that ac_coords data be in x, y, s format, like it would be if you saved the slab as an object? Instead it's this weird hack to say where the polygons end, and no other status codes in sight.
Guess we'll need a new 3D engine before we get that. But put it on the wish list!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Well, the wall accessories directly ask the walls if they are curved, since there's a subtype parameter for that. On the slab, you would have to analyze a series of points to see if it might represent a curve. It would hurt my head and it wouldn't be very robust IMO.
You are right. We lack a subtype parameter for curved slabs/roofs.
So it seems difficult/impossible to achieve this. May be the reason why GS did not implement this feature.

And yes, struggling with these ac_coords and ac_whole_poly params is a pain.
LiHigh
Newcomer
Olivier wrote:
@Howard.
May be you already did it? I remember a nice slab accessory you wrote.
It's approximation!

@Jame,
There is a way to determine if the segment is curve. However it's very complicated.
I would like to help. Let me know what's that you are trying to do.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT