Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Square Bay Window problem in 8.1 library

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to change the height of the W Square Bay object from the Windows Classic 81 Library, I get:

Wrong hole definition.
at line 284 of file Casement_a.gsm.
Polygon is degenerated.
at line 302 of file Casement_a.gsm.
User break
at line 327 of file W Square Bay.gsm.

Yikes! What now? GraphiSoft has also left the bay windows out of the regular 81 Library. I would really like to put some representation of my client's "greenhouse" window in their house model.

This is my reward for spending almost 5 hours today downloading the AC81-R2-LIB-USA.zip file. Not happy!
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Cathy,
I'm confused, are you using 8.0r3 with the 8.1r2 lib or___?
You might try first going to 8.1r1 with the 8.1 lib. See if that works.
Hope this helps,
Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
I'm confused, are you using 8.0r3 with the 8.1r2 lib or___?
You might try first going to 8.1r1 with the 8.1 lib. See if that works.
Reading this discussion I may conclude that Graphisoft creates confusion with Libraries and GDL every time new release appears.

I hope that GDL is being improved greatly from release to release, 'cause Library Parts are now very hard to organize by ArchiCAD/GDL release.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a project without an impending deadline, so I'm using AC81-R2-2256-USA with the AC81-R2-LIB-USA library so I can explore some of the new features.

The projects that actually need to get finished in the next couple of weeks are still in 8.0r3. Fortunately none of those have square bay windows.

Using AC8.0-R3, when I try to change the height of the W Square Bay in the Classic Windows 8 library, with the 3D preview, I get the following message:
Wrong hole definition.
Polygon is degenerated.
Wrong hole definition.
Polygon is degenerated.
User break
at line 266 of file W Square Bay.gsm.

I think there is some problem in the object itself. and don't know how to fix it.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi Cathy,
Sorry I cannot solve your problem. It is hard to track down when opening the library part what is wrong with it.
I received similar error messages with the 8.1r2 using the storefront window parts. My error was reproducible when reinstalling just the r2 program updater so the error in my case was from the r2 program updater. Tech support reproduced this error on their machines. I would suggest sending the file to tech support to see if they can reproduce the error. I have found them to be very helpful and responsive.
Regards,
Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cathy wrote:
This is a project without an impending deadline, so I'm using AC81-R2-2256-USA with the AC81-R2-LIB-USA library so I can explore some of the new features.

The projects that actually need to get finished in the next couple of weeks are still in 8.0r3. Fortunately none of those have square bay windows.
While I think you are wise to be cautious in adopting AC8.1-R2 (it seems some people have been having problems with it), I have to question the wisdom of continuing to use 8.0-R3. I found all the beta versions of 8.1 to be far more stable and reliable than any version of 8.0 (including V3/R3) and the shipping version (V1) is also more reliable than the betas. Since you are having problems in 8.0, I suggest you try opening the file in 8.1-V1 to see if matters improve.