cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Use Outlines With GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

i'm making GDL wood shutter for "savoyard" architecture style (that's in alpes)
the problem is that eveybody make different cuting in their shutter, somebodies draw heart , other trees, animal, circle, etc...

so i want to make the possibility for the user to draw is own cutting outline that he can save with the GDL object. To make this i thought to use the archicad outline, cause it's easy to draw with this.

How i want to make this:
1-The user draw easily his outline, with the outlie drawer of archicad and save it

2-The GDL object read in the saved aat. file and the user can choose is outline on a list in the Object Interface.

3- After with extruding and subgrouping the GDL create the holl with the drawed forme

so my questions are:
-I supposed that Outlines are saved in aat. files but i'm not sure. is it ?

-can i open/save aat. files from gdl script?

- i saw that we can save outline in Text file but their is no coordinates....

-Is their any solution to use archicad outline with GDL Object ?

thanks for your help..
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jevrod wrote:
-I supposed that Outlines are saved in aat. files but i'm not sure. is it ?
Jevrod:

aat files store project file attributes (layers, materials, etc., see the Attribute Manager), they do not store project elements, so this will not work. You might take a look at how ArchiCAD handles Custom Components (for example, a custom cabinet door) for ideas on approaching this problem.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i don't thought about that

i tried and it's ok
thanks