cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Variable Section/Marker objet based on view

TomWaltz
Participant
With Archicad 8.1 we gained the ability to alter the location of the section/elevation marker based on whether it was a "Section" or an "Elevation."

Now, I'm trying to get the object itself to look slightly different so we can distinguish sections from elevations. I am not having any luck finding the GDL variable tat controls it. I also have looked at various REQUEST functions, to no luck.

Has anyone else succeeded with this?
Tom Waltz
1 REPLY 1
Potato Farmer
Mentor
I came upon Tom's post while doing a search looking for basically the same thing.

I'm trying to make a single marker that can be used for building sections, wall sections, elevations and interior elevations. I started out by tweaking one of the NCS markers and have it working pretty much the way I want except I can't figure out how to have it automatically recognize if it's set to Section or Elevation in the Floor Plan panel. The reason I need this is that in the elevation state I want a hotspot in the center of the circle but, key for aligning markers used for interior elevation. But in section mode the hotspot needs to be at the tip of the side fill for the section line to work right. Of course I can add a parameter to switch this but how inelegant is it to have a parameter that's the same as a hard coded button. Ugh.

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x