cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Vent Window 10

muzedesigns
Participant
Hello!

I am trying to customize the vent window 10 (in AC10). I have elected to have a brick sill underneath the vent window - but I do not have access to change the gs_sill material (am hoping to use brick face) in the AUS Version.

I have tried to edit the window in gdl but can not find the correct string to modify.. plus am not experienced at GDL Scripting at all (as you can probably tell).

Is anyone willing to advise if and how to change this single setting?
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks for your time.
Chrissy
Chrissy Avramidis
|| ArchiCAD Versions 7-22 ||
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Chrissy:

All you need to do is click on the "X" that is in the left side column of the parameter list. This toggles on and off the display of the parameter in the object dialog box window. You will need to Save (or Save As...) the library part for the change in this toggle to take effect.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
muzedesigns
Participant
Thanks for the reply David!

For some reason i am unable to edit it - it is a grey colour if that offers any insight.. Is there a way to allow it to be editable?

Chrissy
Chrissy Avramidis
|| 27inch iMac Pro (2017) | macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 | Processor 3 GHz Xeon W | Memory 64GB 2666 MHz DDR4 | Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB||
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Chrissy:

It looks like this parameter has been locked. The best place to look is in the Paramter Script window of the library part, and look for:

LOCK "gs_sill_mat"

If you place an exclamation point ("!") at the start of this line, then ArchiCAD will ignore this command, and the parameter should be unlocked. There may be other consequenses of changing the script.

Looking at the US Library, I found this parameter in the Window dialog box window after setting the Wall Type to Brick Veneer Wall, then going to Brick Veneer > Brick Sill Material (I don't know if the Australian Library is the same), so you might also try experimenting with the window's settings to see if you can unlock the parameter some other way.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Sill material can be edited in the Aussie library.
As per pic attached.
If you want to pemanently change the default material you'll need to dig through the script to unlock the material parameter to edit it.

Cheers
Stu
muzedesigns
Participant
Stuart! You legend! How easy was that - how silly am i for missing it!

I was sitting here struggling to find the write code in the parameter window to unlock and couldn't find it anywhere, unfortunately.. but thank you for the tip for next time David!

You guys did it - thank you so much!!
Chrissy Avramidis