Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Weird Fill in Pocket Door

Srinivas
Booster
Hi there,

I tried unsuccessfully to remove the fill in the pocket door (please see attached image for reference) I tried changing the fills in the Floor plan symbol but with no luck, currently I am using a patch to cover this up, but sometimes when I send the drawings back to my client the patch object is sent back by the wall and this weird fill pops up, do anyone have a idea on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2010-01-07_Pocket_Door_Fill_Problem.png
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
ztaskai wrote:
We investigated the issue. In fact this fill appears with the USA library in case you use a different attribute set than the one of the USA template. To overcome this, we introduced a parameter for this fill so that you can fit your object to your template. The Update Library is being tested; it will be out soon.

Regards,
Aloha Ztaskai,
Is there any fix for the ArchiCAD 11 library D1 Pocket 11 door?
Mahalo,
John
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi John,

Sorry, you have to live with the solutions from Matthew and from Jared in AC11. It's time to upgrade;)

Regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
ztaskai wrote:
Hi John,

Sorry, you have to live with the solutions from Matthew and from Jared in AC11. It's time to upgrade;)

Regards,
ztaska,
Your approach to encouraging me to continue to use Archicad missed it's mark. Why would we be encouraged to continue to pay more for a product that didn't work in the first place.
We might be more encouraged to upgrade if we got an apology for the broken program components that were delivered with version 11 (and other previous versions) and possibly a discount on the upgrade.

I recommend that you spend your time fixing the bugs in the software and let someone more adept at customer service deal with sales and other customer satisfaction issues. If an automobile or appliance manufacturer delivered a car or appliance with broken components they would be obligated to repair the parts. It would be great if Graphisoft and other software manufacturers took a similar approach.

In the meantime we are all grateful to Matthew, Jared and the other forum participants who are able to offer real world solutions to the problems that we encounter as you develop the software.
John
Rakela Raul
Participant
uff !! i was getting excited about the participation of GS !! thanks god these guys have a good training in the beating dept during beta testing
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
johncassel wrote:
We might be more encouraged to upgrade if we got an apology for the broken program components that were delivered with version 11 (and other previous versions) and possibly a discount on the upgrade.

I recommend that you spend your time fixing the bugs in the software and let someone more adept at customer service deal with sales and other customer satisfaction issues. ...
Hi John,

You are right in many ways. First of all, I shouldn't have encouraged you to upgrade, that's not my job. Second, my job really is to fix the bugs and make necessary developments - and to help users to find their ways with our current solutions. Third, Graphisoft could streamline the library update workflow a lot. Fourth, I owe you an apology regarding the quality of the 11 library. I truly hope we are doing better with our current work.

We put a lot of effort into building and maintaining channels to collect user feedback and we try to fix the issues as technology and resources allow us. Naturally, we have to set up priorities for this job - which may put some user issues on a longer hold.

I'm sorry, I made you mad. I'll think again before posting in the future.

Best regards,
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...