cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

What is the script excution order of GDL ??

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

I would like to know what is the script execution order of the different GDL scripts inside an object after the Master Script ?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
5 REPLIES 5
Jochen Suehlo
Advisor
Have you read this?
http://gdl.graphisoft.com/gdl-style-guide/script-type-dependent-recommendations
Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Joachim Suehlo

Yes I did.

But somehow there were things that weren't unclear, for instance what is the second script that is read after the master script, is it Parameter, Parameter Script, or Interfase ?

And if we take it by the order that is mentioned in that page, it will be either 2D or 3D script depending on the open window context, but would it be more logical to read first the Interfase or the Parameters script, cause these script usually contain the values that the GSM model is dependent on for its 2d or 3d generation !!!
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Sorry I forgot to mention, that even if we took the same order of a converted GSM to xml file, master script is usually not the first script to be written at the top section of the file.
Jochen Suehlo
Advisor
You could try the following: I am not shure if this works.
Write from every script in the same txt-file with text addon with WA settings.
If it works, you can test what different parameter changes cause whiuch script excecution
in which order and how often.
Jochen Suehlo . AC12-27 . MAC OSX 14.4 . WIN11
GDL object creation: b-prisma.de
Nader Belal
Mentor
Wow, that is impressivly smart, and simple