Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Won't Add Windows Or Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad will not let me add windows. Like i will click on a wall where i want the window to be and it doesn't show up. I am working with the latest version of archicad... This problem is only on one house i am working on. On my other projects it is fine. WHY is it doing this?! and how can i fix it??
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
Do they show up in 3D? Assuming that they do... and it is just 2D where you don't see anything, then it is likely related to the floor plan display modes for the wall, windows/door, and/or floor plan cut plane.

See if your windows/doors are set to display in Symbolic mode first:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am incredibly frustrated. I can not get windows to show up at all. I put one in and it doesn't show up in the plan or in 3-d. However when i go to the window schedule it shows up. WHY!? i need this fixed now!
Oh and im working in archicad 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you need immediate help, contact your reseller because they are suppose to support you.

Otherwise, like in the previous post you made about this and the reply that was given, check your model view options (Document->Set Model View) and see if they are turned off there. Or it's probably your cut plane (Document->Floor Plan Cut Plane) and your windows are not being cut by the plane. Maybe changing the Floor Plan Display from symbolic to projected or vise versa will help. That is in the individual objects preferences. Check the anchor point of the window and the offset from it to make sure you're not placing the window umpteen # of feet above or below your model. Goto 3d and double middle click in the model space to bring all the model into view.

If you can't see them in 3d I don't know what that means. Maybe you're only using window holes and they're outside of the wall so you can't see them. Select the wall you have them placed in and see if that highlights the hole. Maybe your libraries aren't loaded right? Or like I said above it might be out of view because the anchor value is way off.
Karl Ottenstein
dream achieve,

I just merged your second, SHOUTING, topic with your original one. Please look for answers to your posts (mine, below) before thinking that nobody answered you... and do not create duplicate threads, or demand help. Not the way things are done here.

This is a user-to-user forum. People will help if they feel like it. if you need urgent help, contact technical support or hire someone.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Jesse Davidson
Contributor
I'm running into the same problem with this. I kind of sympathize with the original poster as this is incredibly frustrating.

My original problem was that it was showing up fine in 2d, but it wouldn't show up at all in 3D, or elevation views (It just showed up as a blank hole in the wall where the window should be). The windows display mode were set as symbolic. Alos, for some reason, this was only occurring in my basement walls, and only on my north elevation. Every other elevation / main floor walls were showing up just fine.

Now, I'm not sure what I did, but I can't even add any windows (or doors for that matter) to the wall. I tried retracing my steps to see if I changed some sort of setting to cause this but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

When I have the window tool activated and hovering over the wall, it shows that I can place the window (or door) but when I click to actually place it, it vanishes. Not showing up in 2d, 3D, or schedules. Anyone have any idea what I did to cause this? Its all most as if the project is locked from adding anything new, however it does let me delete windows / doors, just not add them.

Thinking maybe my Archicad somehow lost its licence, I then started a new project and I could add windows / doors to a created wall without a problem. It seems to be related to this one project file I'm working on.

Any help would be much appreciated! thanks guys
ArchiCAD 24 Full
15" Macbook Pro (2018), OSX 10.15.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core I7, 32GB DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB[/size]
Barry Kelly
If it is affecting plan and 3D (elevation) views then I would be suspecting it is your renovation filter settings.
You maybe placing an 'new' window but your reno filters are set show only 'existing' or 'to be demolished' windows.
Set a renovation filter on that will show everything to see if your windows are there.
Remember that reno filter settings are saved with the views in the view map - so every time you use one of those to change your view you are resetting to the reno filter that was saved with that view.
You may need to rest those.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Also take a look at Filter Elements in 3D, to see if the windows 3D representation isn't turned off.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is a list of things that could cause elements to be not visible:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=235941#235941
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Pertti Paasky
Expert
...and the renovation filter does not necessarily apply globally in the project, you can switch from 2d to 3d view and you can have different renovation filters.
How far can we go with all these new options?
- AC-24 FIN - WIN 10 - HP Zbook -
“A winner is just a loser who tried one more time.”
George M. Moore, Jr.