Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

automatize object to layer (based on type or operation)

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to make objects used as solid object operators to be automatically cast to a specific layer (like "INVISIBLE")?

Also, is there a way to automatically assign a material ot those objects?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Favourites is the best way, but i do have my template set so that when i pick a slab for example it is on the layer i use for slabs etc.
runxel
Legend
Lilith wrote:
is there a way to make objects used as solid object operators to be automatically cast to a specific layer (like "INVISIBLE")?

Also, is there a way to automatically assign a material ot those objects?
Not that I'm aware of. You have to be sure to put them there manually. I have a specific layer for that, called SEO, with intersection number 0 and always in wireframe mode.

For the second question: You could make an graphic override (available from 20 on) which will give them a certain appearance. (But still, thats just an override.)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»