cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

looking for a scaleable pick-up truck object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha,
We are looking for a scalable pick-up truck object.

Both the F-150 pickup truck in the ArchiCAD 7 Bonus library and the Alphaville Toyota pick on Objects Online are very good looking model objects. Unfortunately, neither of them are scalable--we could not change the size of the objects. This makes them not useful for our project.

The pick-up truck in the Motorist set on Objects Online is to low tech for our project although it is scalable.

Does anyone know of or have a scalable pick-up truck or crew cab object?

Thank you,
John Cassel
7 REPLIES 7
johncassel wrote:
Both the F-150 pickup truck in the ArchiCAD 7 Bonus library and the Alphaville Toyota pick on Objects Online are very good looking model objects. Unfortunately, neither of them are scalable--we could not change the size of the objects.
If I am getting you right: all you need to do is insert your preferred pickup, edit materials as needed, select it, File>GDL Objects >Save selection as, and insert your new (binary) pickup object. You can independently define x-y-z in that one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio,
Thanks for the fix for this problem. Now that I've followed your recomendation the new truck object is scalable.

In the objects dialog there is no preview picture for the new truck object. Is there an easy way to make it so that the new object has a preview picture in the Objects dialog?

Thank you,
John
johncassel wrote:
Is there an easy way to make it so that the new object has a preview picture in the Objects dialog?
Create your 128 x 128 pixels picture, select your object and File>GDL Objects>Open Object, click on the button at the right of 'Preview Picture' at the bottom, and paste your picture there.

[If you want to have the same preview picture you can cut/copy/capture it from the original object Preview Picture.]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio,
Thank you for showing me how to put the preview image with the object. This reminds me that I need to learn more about creating and working with GSMs.
By the way, can you tell me what all of those ***.ISM files are in some of my object model folders?
Thanks,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello John,

***.ISM is a suffix for a macro object- which was
used before ArchiCAD version 8. These files
are just ordinary GSM-files, but they are
not visible to the user when exploring libraries.

--
Juha
Anonymous
Not applicable
Juha,
Do I need to keep the .ism files now that I am using v9? Some of the library parts are from older versions.
Thank you,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello John,

You should keep the old macros as the objects
are calling them (with or without the suffix).

--
Juha