Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

preview of gdl still missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there! I've been using some gdl objects that I collected from the web and imported them into my projects using archicad10. now I switched to archicad11 and now when I'm clickinh through my own library with the collected gsm files... I can only see the file's name, but not a preview anymore. this never happened with archicad10 before and the files are exactly the same. does anybody have an idea how I can change some settings in order to preview what I am importing into my project?
thank you very much!
melissa
13 REPLIES 13
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Melissa:

Shows up here.

David
LibPreview.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for trying that out: still... I do get the previews in that field... but I do have to import the file into AC before I can see it there (see pic1)... but when I just go via the normal object import route (see pic2)... I don't get a preview when I search for an object that I want to import... this has always been the case before.
so if you didn't import the gsm file into AC, but have only put it into a folder and linked it to AC like the original library folder... it would be great if you could let me know how you did this. this would definitely be another option.
thanks already!
melissa
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Melissa:

I don't know German, so I am guessing that this is the Open Object dialog. I am getting the preview whether or not the object is in one of the loaded libraries. Your signature and screen shot indicate you are using OS X.5 (I am on OS X.4), so that might be the difference, or perhaps something else.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi david,

yes.. I guess that is the problem... leopard is great ;o) but this is really disturbing ;o(

thanks a lot for trying though!!
if you should get leopard at some point and find a way to work around this... let me know ;o)

bye,
melissa