Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

"W Emergency Escape" window from ArchiCAD 8 to 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way in ArchiCAD 11 to have this window - W Emergency Escape that looks like that:

to look like that? [the way it looked in ArchiCAD 8]

This way it's much more clear it's a sliding window.
I just need 2 lines removed.
Could someone guide me through what I have to do
or be kind enough to change it for me, please?
Thank you.
19 REPLIES 19
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Vic wrote:
/...
Or if you have the time - test it on your own?/..
The result.
Trust it is what you want.
Picture 1.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,
Looks like it G.S. is making a major course change regarding pricing.
Can't remember the exact details right now, but it will start costing you more to wait.
I think an especially bad deal if you skip whole version.
Better check with your reseller for specifics.
larry
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod - thank you very much for your help
The library that you attached is working with no errors on my side.
The window behaves normally - although there are two issues that I can't seem to solve:

- when I put the window on a wall, on the plan I have no lines between the wall and the window's frame - is there a way to have lines the same type as the outline lines of the wall?

- there are drop-down menus in the parameters of the window that seem to have turned into input fields
if I manually write what I need - it works fine - is that the way it should be?
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Vic wrote:
/........
- when I put the window on a wall, on the plan I have no lines between the wall and the window's frame - is there a way to have lines the same type as the outline lines of the wall? /......
Vic, see attached for the settings I have to achieve what you want.
Do you have Wall Contours set to 2?
Rod Jurich
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod - the problem is I dont have this 'wall contours' selection in my parameters section of the properties of the window that loads from the library you gave me.
I see you work on a Mac, so I thought maybe this has got something to do with it - my systems are Vista and XP.
I tried to extract from my ArchiCAD 8 library the same files [or most of them] as the ones you have in your library.
Loading them this way unfortunately it still gives me the same error as it did when I tried to use it loading the whole ArchiCAD 8 library in ArchiCAD 11.
What was interesting was the fact that loading it this way it does display the 'wall contours' selection in the parameters section.
Maybe this setting is OS specific and can not be used across systems?
Since you said the GDL script for version 8 was not as complicated as for 11 - maybe you could make out something of the error messages it gives me when I load that same window from my ArchiCAD 8 library?

ps
Dropdown selection menus in the parameters still turned into input boxes... I guess libraries on Windows don't mix versions as smoothly or need extra modifications.
err-msg.png
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Vic wrote:
/....I tried to use it loading the whole ArchiCAD 8 library in ArchiCAD 11.
You should be using 8.1, if you have that library.
Vic wrote:
What was interesting was the fact that loading it this way it does display the 'wall contours' selection in the parameters section.
Open each of the library parts.
The window and the called macro as shown in my attachment.
Can you check the subtype is as shown.
The wall contours can be set here to default with reveal lines in 2D.
All this was done in 11.
Vic wrote:
Maybe this setting is OS specific and can not be used across systems?
Shouldn't make any difference. I am regularly dealing with the "Dark Side" without any overt difficulty.
Vic wrote:
Since you said the GDL script for version 8 was not as complicated as for 11 - maybe you could make out something of the error messages it gives me when I load that same window from my ArchiCAD 8 library?
Line 2 is commented out in the master script, so should not show.
Puzzling!!
Vic wrote:
Dropdown selection menus in the parameters still turned into input boxes... I guess libraries on Windows don't mix versions as smoothly or need extra modifications.
This should not be the case, and cannot work it out as everything works smoothly at my end.
Maybe you should leave the "dark side"

Seriously though, have you tried to "save as" the 8/8.1 part in 11.
I opened in 8.1, placed the window in a wall, then saved as .pla file.
Then opened in 11 without problem.
Rod Jurich
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Vic, try this window, I've changed all the "illegal characters" in the master script.
The default wall contours are set to show reveal lines.
Fingers crossed

Finally, try opening a new file in 11 with just this window and
associated macro folder loaded, nothing else, and let us know
what happens.
Rod Jurich
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rod - thank you very much for your help and responsiveness.
Thanks to your guidance I found a solution.
So here is what I did:
I made a pla file from ArchiCAD 9 [with ArchiCAD 8 library loaded] with one wall and the window in it.
I opened the pla file, selecting 'extract library to folder' in ArchiCAD 11 - the window appeared as a black dot in the wall, and gives the errors I attached earlier if it's properties are accessed.
Then I loaded the first library that you gave me - it gives duplicate library parts.
I place another window, next to 'the dot', this time using your library object.
And voila! Now I have the wall contours selection AND drop down menus in the parameters window of that second window!
I delete the corrupt window and unload its library, leaving your library loaded.
I save this first as pln then as pla file in ArchiCAD 11, then load the pla selecting 'extract library to folder'.
Now if I load this library on a blank ArchiCAD 11 file - the window works fine but there are no drop down menus.
And if I open the pln file that I saved from ArchiCAD 11 as pln - the same library object has drop down menus.
If I make a new project after I had the 'working' pln file open selecting 'use the last settings' - again - there are drop down menus
I guess some options in the properties of the library objects depend somehow on other information, that can be transferred from the mystery 'last settings' selection...

Anyway - I have no problem using that 'latest settings' option on every new project so again - thank you very much for your help

As for the last library you attached - it gives the following error:
Can't find Macro:trimmyboy, called at line 140 in the 2D script of the file W Emergency Escape.gsm
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Vic wrote:
/.........
And voila! Now I have the wall contours selection AND drop down menus in the parameters window of that second window!
/...........

Anyway - I have no problem using that 'latest settings' option on every new project so again - thank you very much for your help

As for the last library you attached - it gives the following error:
Can't find Macro:trimmyboy, called at line 140 in the 2D script of the file W Emergency Escape.gsm
Glad to assist in a great work around, Vic.

Attached find the macros which include the missing part.
Rod Jurich
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now with the missing parts loaded - there are no errors, but still no drop down menus.
Even if I load with the 'last settings' option.
Anyway - I have it working now the way I described - thank you very much again for your help and time Rod.
If I have further problems with it - I will keep you posted.