cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

weird window behavior

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

when drawing a 1 foot wide wall,( default settings ) i can view and insert my windows from the window library.

Now when I change my wall settings to 6 inches wide and try to open the window library I get errors up the ying yang: group operation error at line 879 of the 3d script of file wa_trim_us_10.gsm ( this error for pretty much all windows )

when changing my wall settings back to 1 foot wide it works normal again. Seems that the trim doesn't want to work in the 6inch wide wall. why does this happen. is there a relation ship between the wall settings and then opening the window library , that seems odd since I should be able to insert a window in a 1' wide wall somewhere else my model correct ?? while I work on other walls in my model ??

can anyone here explain what is happening, why this error occurs ?? or how to fix it ??

educational version
Mac os 10
intel mac 2.33 GHz
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved it by changing the offset distance ( next to the anchor point ) to 0" somehow this was activated at 4" or so... so now it works again

still remains the question about the wall settings and then opening the window library... why is there a relation ship that strong, so that when you change the wall settings it influences the window library and windows that still need to be inserted, potentially somewhere else
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doors and windows are (internally) very complicated bits and they are responsive to the wall thickness for certain settings. Unfortunately they are not entirely fault tolerant (due to the internal complexity) so a setting that works in one case may fail in another. The default settings should not produce such errors though.

The wa_trim_us_10.gsm has been particularly problematic. I posted a fix for problems in profiled walls, but I haven't seen the group operation error in that part yet.

You should be able to get them to work though. Try using the default parameters and readjusting from scratch. I have had some strange behavior in windows that were working in 9 but not in 10. I tried and failed to adjust them as they stood and so ended up having to reset them and redefine the parameters.