Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Best home training reference

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just purchased Archicad 11 a few months ago. I have been wanting to go to Miami for training but with my schedule, I have not been able to find the time. I have been trying to figure out the program but keep running into little problems which seem should be simple to overcome. I work right now with AutoCad 2000 so I am very behind the times when it comes to 3d. I still treat it as pencil and paper. What I am looking for is a good book or video that can show me the basics from beginning to end. I have picked up virtual tutor 11 which helped in some parts but there are still basics I did not get. I also use feet and inches rather than meters as is used in the dvd. Here is an example of one problem I have. After putting in basic exterior walls, I had to break the created group to place in another wall group. I can not for the life of me figure out how to shorten the length of a broken wall segment and connect them.

My questions really is, what sounds like the best reference for me to order.

A second question I have is in reference to the add-ons, what is essential to pick up? I do work in scales from small house remodels to small shopping centers and manufacturing plants. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Can your reseller point you to someone in Naples who might take two or more hours to "Show you the ropes?"

So many Archicad principles should be demonstrated side-by-side, and this a good launch for better skills. Most productive workers have surprising lateral skills with unlikely approaches that keep them off the shoals in the Archicad ocean.

If not, make the time for training. You'll have a quick payback. Since version 5, Archicad is no longer a sweet melody whistled vacuously on Sunday afternoon while nibbling soft cheeses and sketching a bosomy slattern while she knits a sweater, the languorous afternoon sun glancing through your studio, its warm rays made visible by the smoke curling upward from the bong.

It is work.

AutoGrouping, for instance, is not for everyone. You should turn this off when initially generating the plan since changes are far-reaching. You might consider grouping elements that begin to have a fixed, lasting relationship - like suite plans, for instance.

Sort of like going steady in high school.

Archicad "Step-By-Step" is a good training, if you can get it.

And look here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/ITG/

And here, altho i doubt that you can learn Archicad in a flash:

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/documentation/Supplementary/english.html
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
haha, that is just too funny, It has been a long time since I have seen the sun's rays in that fashion. I have a friend who got me introduced to the program, who is in training in Miami at a learning center. I get some help from him, but you are right in that you need someone sitting beside you for about a week to get it all running. I have been doing most of my work in Archicad at night on a previous project. I will end up sending an email with a question to him when I am stuck, then work on it the next night I have free time to work on it. I will be looking into those links thanks, and maybe after this holiday season ends I will take a week off to run to Miami
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had come across these links before and was actually looking for them again when I found the forum yesterday. I have tried to follow the tutorial but got confused when trying to load the movie player. I think the movie player pull down is in a different place on 10 than in 11. I also did not really understand what movies to load in and how. I am hoping they come out with the new interactive tutorials for 11 soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some AC11 guides here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac11/itg/

Although I haven't used them.