BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Can't open Archicad 9 project files using version 11, help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

As subject title, how do I open Archicad 9 Sole Project files with extension pne, using Archicad 11 software?

The help file noted the following,
ArchiCAD Projects (.pln, .pla, .bpn)
ArchiCAD 11 can open projects saved as ArchiCAD 9, 8.1 and 9. Solo Projects (.pln) are the main native document type of ArchiCAD. A .pln file includes all model data and the views generated for the project, as well as the default settings, attributes and library references. Solo Projects can be transformed into Teamwork Projects (.plp) by sharing them.
However, I can't seem to save under those extensions using my Archicad 9 Educational version.

Please help! Thank you!

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
The Archicad 10 and Archicad 11 student versions cannot open Archicad 9 student version. I'm not really sure why
Tom Waltz
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
I'm not really sure why
ArchiCAD 9 EDU save projects as PNE files, next educational versions (10 and 11) work with PLN files.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
stefan
Expert
They gave up on the PNE format and made the educational programs compatible with the regular commercial format (but with a watermark activated).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!