BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Drawing a boundary from a Site Survey ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am currently trying to learn how to draw a site surveyed boundary in archicad. Is there a tutorial online anywhere? I am Australian our system is different to the americas i believe correct me if i am wrong?

Anyway when I played with it i have tried both surveyors units and degrees minutes and seconds, but in the former the 0 is to the right not to the top of the page and i must be making a mistake it cant be that hard to entry a simple boundary... I can do it in autocad and import it but thats not really the way to do it

Thanks in advance

Tone
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
TC

If the Oz method is the same as NZ for describing angles, when drawing your line constrain the cursor in the direction of north, enter the distance, enter Angle value followed by - (minus) then hit enter. This will draw your line clockwise from North direction.

Alternatively, if you have the Cadimage Site and Massing tools add-on (we get them in NZ with AC, do you?) use it. Very handy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
TC

If the Oz method is the same as NZ for describing angles, when drawing your line constrain the cursor in the direction of north, enter the distance, enter Angle value followed by - (minus) then hit enter. This will draw your line clockwise from North direction.

Alternatively, if you have the Cadimage Site and Massing tools add-on (we get them in NZ with AC, do you?) use it. Very handy.
So do you you set your Working Units to surveyors units or degree's ?

Thanks For help by the way
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont worry i worked it out i set it to degrees mins sec's ...

Thanks again

Tony
Anonymous
Not applicable
t0pcat wrote:
Dont worry i worked it out i set it to degrees mins sec's ...

Thanks again

Tony
Yep. and you're welcome.
Learn and get certified!