Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Education could not view the Profession Trial

Anonymous
Not applicable
My educational Archicad 14 failed to open the file of the Archicad 14 Professional Trial.

As I updated my educational Archicad 14 once, I want to know whether the different version causes the impossible open, or the educational Archicad 14 could not transfer the Professional trial and view.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
AFAIK the only version that can open a file created in the trial version is the Trial that created it. No other version will open it.

from the archicad wiki
Files created on a trial version are encoded, and can only be opened with the copy of ArchiCAD that had created them. If you uninstall this copy of ArchiCAD, you will not be able to open the files anymore, not even if you install ArchiCAD again with the same serial number. If you already uninstalled ArchiCAD trial, the only way to open the files created with it is to try to recover the uninstalled copy of ArchiCAD.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply!

ejrolon wrote:
AFAIK the only version that can open a file created in the trial version is the Trial that created it. No other version will open it.

from the archicad wiki
Files created on a trial version are encoded, and can only be opened with the copy of ArchiCAD that had created them. If you uninstall this copy of ArchiCAD, you will not be able to open the files anymore, not even if you install ArchiCAD again with the same serial number. If you already uninstalled ArchiCAD trial, the only way to open the files created with it is to try to recover the uninstalled copy of ArchiCAD.