Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Valid license required to run AI visualizer? (I assume I have it)

Martin Jan Rosa
Booster

I am an Archicad user with a perpetual license and an SSA contract with a local vendor, and I have access to all updates. However, when I run AI Visualizer in Archicad 28 I get a message that I need a valid Archicad license to use it.

I tracked down the information that AI Visualizer is only for Collaborate and Edu license holders. So am I to understand that if I have a license that I previously believed provided me with full use of Archicad with all its features (and I consider the AI Visualizer, which is now part of its standard installation, to be such a feature), that I can now expect to be gradually cut back on various features, only to be forced to switch to another licensing method?

Snímek obrazovky 2024-10-03 v 13.33.00.jpg

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

www.martinrosa.cz
GRAPHISOFT Certified Archicad BIM Manager, 2021, 2023
AC 28 CZ @ macOS 15.0 @ MacBook Pro M3 Max
28 REPLIES 28
Jp1138
Advisor

You are right. More features will become subscription exclusives as we move along...

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

Well, it's to be expected. As a long-time loyal customer & enthusiastic user, I would have preferred to receive an offer and the opportunity for a cost-effective transition to a subscription from the local GS partner rather than an unexpected error message...

www.martinrosa.cz

Yes, it seems local partners aren´t giving much information about what is coming 😥 At least I don´t remember getting much from ours.

I seems GS supposes everyone reads the forums all the time, when I asume it´s the other way around: many people are just starting to discover things that have been discussed here since a few months or even years.

For example, the transition you are requesting is linked here in the forums, and has been talked about at nauseam - I am not critizing you, just showing how the communication from GS is being less than stellar in this matter.

And the moment subscriptions enter in full is going to be very traumatic if this trend continues...

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

I've been aware of the transition to subscription for a few years now. It's been discussed here as well, but even our local distributor has been communicating about it rather vaguely so far. Personally, I'm quite in favor of the subscription model (unlike most of my colleagues). The uncertainty is only about the form of transition itself (managed by the local distributor or directly by GS?). I also found out about fairly favorable conditions, but nowhere is it clearly and concisely stated how to quickly and easily make this transition...

Nevertheless, the limitation of the AI Visualizer surprised me (and also other members of the local community of experienced users). I was thought that until the end of SSA/FWD at the end of 2026, we would still have a "full-fledged" ArchiCAD (let's set aside the BIMcloud etc.). And it's not even really about the AI Visualizer itself (not in my workflow anyway) - it's more about the principle, which I can briefly express as: if I can't run it with my license, then it shouldn't take up space on my computer as part of the standard installation...

I hope that tomorrow I'll receive an offer from my distributor or directly from GS, immediately pay for the subscription, finally get rid of the dongle with CodeMeter, and have peace of mind. 😉

www.martinrosa.cz

Some of us are not so happy paying 3x or 4x more times for the subscription than we pay for the SSA, and be at the will of GS changes of mind, but to each his own 😉

We agree that the local distribuitors aren´t giving enough info, probably because they themselves aren´t getting any from GS.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

It is extremely disappointing that the AI visualiser tool is not part of the SSA/FWD subscription. As you say, this was always understood to be the highest level of license. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 28 Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
DeMoyerArch
Contributor

SO disappointing!

Radek_K
Booster

So seriously.... All of us with perpetual license wont be able to use AI Visualizer? That's ridiculous! Not that that's essential in my workflow but i sense there will me more to come. One would think we have the right for FULL version and all its features. So the  'Building together' means what exactly? It's really becoming apparent that this software is not meant for small studios 😞

Thank you for sharing the link. Completely missed that! Just reading it now one of the option says 3 years upfront payment. They are just having a laugh! Is it the new CEO completely out of touch so they're making these unrealistic billing plans or it's just now made purely for big corporations?

Setup info provided by author