Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Valid license required to run AI visualizer? (I assume I have it)

Martin Jan Rosa
Booster

I am an Archicad user with a perpetual license and an SSA contract with a local vendor, and I have access to all updates. However, when I run AI Visualizer in Archicad 28 I get a message that I need a valid Archicad license to use it.

I tracked down the information that AI Visualizer is only for Collaborate and Edu license holders. So am I to understand that if I have a license that I previously believed provided me with full use of Archicad with all its features (and I consider the AI Visualizer, which is now part of its standard installation, to be such a feature), that I can now expect to be gradually cut back on various features, only to be forced to switch to another licensing method?

Snímek obrazovky 2024-10-03 v 13.33.00.jpg

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

www.martinrosa.cz
GRAPHISOFT Certified Archicad BIM Manager, 2021, 2023
AC 28 CZ @ macOS 15.0 @ MacBook Pro M3 Max
58 REPLIES 58

Honestly, I'm just shocked and surprised that people seem shocked and surprised by this.

Did you all really not see this coming a mile away?

I mean,....it's not like it's never happened before.....and with the same level of self-serving cynicism

They introduce a new feature that's  supposed to be added and premium value for their users. They market it heavily as part of their promotion, and then once it's had decent adoption by a good number of users, they turn it into a subscription-only or "Pro" service. Typically cloud-based so you have to be tied to their servers or infrastructure somehow. And if it's become a critical part of your workflow, you're now stuck with the option of having to pay extra on top of your license to keep using this new tool that was originally presented as something that would benefit you anyway.

See : BIMx, BIMServer/BIMCloud services,....

Keep an eye out for some proposed features in their roadmap that will almost certainly go the same route once they're released and temper your expectations accordingly.

It seems from now on there are better and worse customers for graphisoft 😕

There have always been "better" and "worse" customers as far as Graphisoft are concerned.

If you're confused and truly don't know which of those two categories you fall under, then it's not the first one.

EllieBellie123
Participant

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so excuse me if this is the wrong platform to ask questions. i have just paid for and downloaded a version of ArchiCAD 28 and was excited to try to the new AI visualizer facility. However, I keep getting a prompt up that states i need "a valid ArchiCAD license to use the AI visualizer". I have looked online and the only thing that i can see that this is only available to ArchiCAD collaborate customers. Does anyone know if paying outright for a license means I'm not able to use this facility as i'm not a collaborate customer? 

Thanks,

Ellie 

Prompt.jpg

Hi Ellie

that's the problem,

I guess you don't have cloud licence, me neither.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Licensing/Getting-started-with-Graphisoft-cloud-licensing/ta-p/3...

Ai visualiser dosen work on hardware, and software licenses on AC 28.  It wasn't mentioned in any press information.

Michał 

Thanks Michal,

That is really rather frustrating - i just read that it works on ArchiCAD 28 - i didn't note any reference to Collaborate until i faced an issue and looked into it further.

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly and confirming my concerns. 

regards,

Ellie

I would not call this as "solution"...

robertocastanheira
Participant

I have a full version ArchiCAD 28 license. Whenever I try to use the AI Visualizer I get a prompt telling me that I need a valid ArchiCAD license to use the AI Visualizer, and it stops the generation.

Operating system used: Windows Windows 10, 64 bit

Karl Ottenstein

The thread may seem a bit random... I have merged 4 separate posts on exactly this same issue into this one thread.  Please, folks, just do a little looking before starting a new thread with the identical issue 🙂

Graphisoft has a clear disconnect between management and the developers as there is no excuse for the pop-up message to not precisely describe the issue:  that only Collaborate Subscribers can use the AI Visualizer.  Saying "You need a valid Archicad license..." is just confusing and almost false as everyone posting clearly has a valid license... just not a valid Collaborate license.

Equally irritating to me is that the developers could easily completely disable any appearance of the AI Visualizer in the user interface for anyone not on Collaborate so that none of us even get far enough along to see an error message.  That would be no different that the Start and Solo editions simply not showing (or having) most of the features of the full, professional product.

One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Setup info provided by author