Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Editing Almost Impossible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've searched the forum & haven't seen anyone with my specific issues on this, so I'm hoping there's a possible solution(s).

Recently jumped from AC13 to 17. Working in 2D is super fast & everything's great. In the 3D window however, the selection of objects is so slow that it is often impossible to make any edits. This is true regardless of the size or complexity of the model; a blank template with 1 simple beam behaves the same as a fully modeled project created in an earlier version & opened in 17. It may be my machine is in need of an upgrade, but I'm hoping there may be other fixes. I've heard mention of upgrading to a Code-meter key plug from the Wibu but have been unable to find out any more info on that. Any insights would be appreciated.

MacPro/OSX10.7.5/2x2.66 Dual/8GB/NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT 256MB
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Expert
Hi Mike,

AC17 is particularly fast ... even in 3D. However the experience depends always -among other things- on hardware. it is true that you could have a better experience with better hardware, and I think you will need to upgrade soon, just be aware that 64 bit processors are required for AC17. and RAM requirements have doubled since AC13.

overall.... it may be good upgrade your hardware.

Regards
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
JaredBanks
Mentor
Could be not enough memory on the video card? 256 MB is the minimum for 17, but 518 is recommended.

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/system_requirements/index.html

Have you called Tech Support? Seems like they might be able to tell you really quickly if it's your machine.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome