Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Solid Element Operations stop working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We switched to Archicad about 15 months ago. One of my biggest problems has been...

On rare cases we will be working with a file and the Solid Element Operations will stop working. As an Example, I like to trim my dormer walls to my roof sheathing. I bring my sheathing 1/2" short of the inside dormer side walls. So when I trim with downwards extrusion, I'm left with my drywall that I then trim to the ceiling. Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time. But it just stops working.

I'm really hoping someone know's what's going on and could share the fix with me.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is just a guess, but in case there are problems with the geometry of the Roof, it will not perform the SEO operation on the Wall.
For example, you have a Roof Hole in the Roof. It is very close to the edge of the Roof Polygon. Because of this, the Roof body will become degenerated and therefore will not perform the SEO.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll start watching for that. Sometimes the dormer holes do get close to the edge of the roof slab.

The best fix I've found for this so far, is to eye dropper my roof slab and make a new one as a hidden operator.

The real problem is that it's such a random problem I'm really starting to think it's just a bug. (One that I would really like to see fixed).

Thanks for the reply