Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 11 new stuff

Anonymous
Not applicable
mm.. ok i couldn't get it , whats the different between worksheets and details?

ok i can see that now i can have a part of my plan " with dimensions and text and everything " but GS add that to the Detail tool? or lets say.. get rid of Detail tool and stick to Worksheet?

correct me if i am wrong

and another thing , what is the real benefit of having separate elevation and section tools? , to organize? ok i think it could be done with the same tool , ref ID , or even if we have a choice of creating folders in View points , but a new tool? hmm

may be i am missing things?

ok i'll try to be organized i'll put what i noticed till now and please feel free to add :

-Virtual tracing : " powerful - but i have some problems updating the tracing drawing - like updating a layout reference doesn't mean updating drawings in that layout - and if i am using AC10 project with an manual rebuild section - own model section as a reference is empty? or is it only for Drawing sections-elevations?"

-Curved complex walls "for sure that should be in AC10, but at least we have it now "

-work sheet " i mentioned that above"
- interior elevation " funny tool "
- Doors , now we can have custom handle with no script headache
- multi story hotlinked " didn't try it yet "
- better PDF " Adios.. EPS "
- Transparency control in Sections and elevations and also shaded and colored methods - " but i miss that symbol of sun position now its all numbers "
- projection line control in walls

am i missing anything ?
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
More new stuff (well, I've never seen it before).

What is "3Dconnexion", Camera Mode / Object Mode. I can't find anything in my help files (search says "(no results)"). I try each option and can't see what the difference is.

Any ideas???
This is support for the mechanical whirligig called a 3Dconnexxion. Sounds like a soft drink to me.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
something about 3d connexion in another thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=90959&highlight=#90959
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
am i missing anything ?
and we've forgot about:
- fills merging,
- linework normalization,
- pen sets in views,
- setting home story for elements.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick replies. Thought I read everything here, but that thread skipped by me somehow.

So its new, and its broken. Nice one.
Dwight
Newcomer
Aaron wrote:
This is support for the mechanical whirligig called a 3Dconnexxion. Sounds like a soft drink to me.
a navigator tool

http://www.3dconnexion.com/
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok seems that i don't know how to run " 3d connexion?" after selecting object mode or camera mode? " do i have to use this strange thing that shows in their website? i don't know what to call it .. 3D cap controller?

and another thing ... selecting home story of an element?...

i am getting afraid of all these options!! and the only benefit is that now after applying an element to a story i can change home story without copy to another level? " or cut actually" so now i can just change home story?
if there are any other uses of this feature , please explain it

and yes line work improvements? i mean we are talking about consolidations? yes its good

but Tom.. if the only feature on worksheet is coping text and dimension... still so what is the use of Detail tool? why having two tools that do almost the same?

improvement in file merging? hmm... like what?
Dwight
Newcomer
whatever wrote:
ok seems that i don't know how to run " 3d connexion?" after selecting object mode or camera mode? " do i have to use this strange thing that shows in their website? i don't know what to call it .. 3D cap controller?
The website is quite explicit in the products it offers:

The only one for Mac is the Space Navigator - $100. or $59 if you want to lie.
Dwight Atkinson
stefan
Expert
Dwight wrote:
whatever wrote:
The website is quite explicit in the products it offers:

The only one for Mac is the Space Navigator - $100. or $59 if you want to lie.
$59 if you are a non-commercial user, to be precise 😉
It nags after 30 days that it needs software updates for commercial work, but I can truly answer that I don't do commercial work.

The option in the menu has no use without the hardware.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have actually tried the product a few months ago with rhino..it's fun to use, and fun to navigate through the building