Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15 Hotfix2? Was:Hotfix no. 5?? (Disappearing Dimensions?)

rob2218
Enthusiast
when will the next hotfix come?
We are having a hellacious time with these "disappearing" dimensions and really it's becoming an annoyance in trying to print/publish during stressed levels.

When will GS send out that next HOTFIX which I was told will fix the disappearing dimensions BUG???

GS?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
19 REPLIES 19
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Rob,

I know this is not a preferred method, but consider in the interim to EXPLODE dims to lines and text. You can keep all the originals, maybe explode onto a different layer.... But they will be there during a crisis!

I don't know that I've experienced disappearing dims w/ 15... Could you describe the circumstance?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
rob2218
Enthusiast
sure, description here:
it's a known bug with AC15
it appears when you place dims with certain "composite wall types".
But...it appears for us all over our TW file.
we have reported this GS.
we have sent GS our support package files and related information and they have confirmed it was a bug on their end and that there was a hotfix (supposedly to come very soon - that was 4 weeks ago) to fix this issue.

I'm confident GS will resolve this and many other bugs....it's just that it's getting ridiculous for us.

My employer is about to fire me cause he keeps telling me to dimension the plans, I do and when I reopen the files, the dims are either gone or not referencing the right objects.....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
I was just contacted by a client who had the same thing happen, Rob - disappearing dimensions in Teamwork on composite walls - and she had the entire project reserved during her send/receives.

Did tech support provide you with a case number so that as others encounter this, they can refer to it to provide tech support with more information to track down the cause?

Thanks,
Karl

PS If you're using 15, please update your signature/profile. Also, your subject is for Hotfix 5... did you mean 2? Or are you talking about a difference version?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
umm....yes. I believe they (GS) did provide me with a case number.
I'll have to go thru my emails and dig it up.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's the case number I found.
Missing Dimensions issues.

GRAPHISOFT North America Technical Support has received your e-mail. A Technical Support Engineer will review the case and will contact you shortly.
Please refer to: Case Number 090259 - ref: Attention: Craig - Missing AC15 dimensions - why?
Case tracker ID:ref:00D3Mvx.5006EtnSr:ref

Thank you,

GRAPHISOFT North America Support Team
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Rob. That'll help others who might otherwise report the same thing. Craig pointed out this Wiki article on the issue, which says that they hope to have a fix in the next hotfix:

http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/LostDimensionsOfComposites

Again - you're on 15, right? (Signature says 14) And you mean Hotfix 2, not 5? 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Maybe the EXPLODE was a bit extreme. Maybe just switch to STATIC. (Or DUPLICATE them all onto another layer and switch to static).

I know it's not perfect, but might let you keep your job!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
rob2218
Enthusiast
Yes..on AC15 and yes, HF#2 is what I meant now 5.
thanks for clearing that up sir.

Exploded dims huh? humm...we'll see. Static seems like the way to patch it for now.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Did you have any resolution on this issue?

I am having issues with my dimensions also. Yesterday dimensioning was fine, today I almost can't dimensions at all. For me it has something to do with the renovation filters. At one stage I was only able to dimension in the demolition plan, no other filter would allow me to dimension (I could take each step for dimensioning, selecting points, placing the dimension chain line, but then nothing would appear after the final click). I tried placing a dimension in the demolition plan then changing it's setting to show on the 'planned status' filter only- it would disappear from the demolition plan, but would not appear on the planned status plan.
For what it's worth, this is what I think happened: when I was originally dimensioning in my demolition plan, i placed the dimensions as 'existing elements' and set them to show only on the 'demolition plan' renovation filter- i didn't want them set as demolished elelements because then they would have the demolished element overide on them. Then when I came to dimension the 'planned status plan' I used the pick up parameters tool to select and set the dimension tool- before placing an element it is impossible to set it's 'Show on renovation filter' status in the tool settings dialogue box, you have to place it first and then change it (you can use the reno palette before placing it, however that's only related to the current filter). So i was wondering if perhaps the dimension tool was defaulting to 'show only on demolition' because that is the parameter that I picked up before starting to dimension, then when I placed it I suppose archicad got confused because that's not the filter that was currently shown and so no dimension was placed.
This is just my first impression of what may have gone wrong. I've had major issues with renovation filters in the past which were supposed to have been fixed with the first hotfix, unfortunately they weren't.
The issue is now resolved and I can dimension again, but I'm not completely sure what I did to fix it. Basically I just cycled through the renovation filters, stories, layer combinations etc (using the project map, not the saved views) and eventually I found one of the dimensions that had never appeared and managed to set it's show on renovation filter status to 'show on all relevant filters', I then picked up it's parameters and now placing new dimensions seem to be ok.... that tells me it's a reno filter issue.

I don't know if any of that rambling helps or is useful, but I thought I would just throw it in there.