BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 20 - Troubleshooting Graphic Overrides

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks!
I've been getting to know the Graphic Overrides feature in AC 20, and am having some troubles getting rules to stick.

For example: If I add criteria to a new rule - such as... tack on a layer to a wall in the criteria list, then press "Ok" to seemigly lock in the edit i made, it wont remember the layer addition i made in the criteria list when i go back in.

this happens with other criteria that i add on below element type, even when I try using the Element Type- is - All Types

Is there something i am missing on how to build the criteria list?

Let me know if i can be more clear.

Thanks in advance!

-MB
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
So is it possible to use GO per component of a wall. For example in the floorplan I want the components to have a solid fill accept the airgap between masonry and insulation. So the materials brick, insulation and concrete get a black fill while the airgapcomponent stays transparent.
I tried it with making a rule per material but it still turns the whole wall black.

Maybe I'm missing something. Anyway if someone has a solution it would be great!

Regards,
Peter
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Graphic Overrides can override only the whole element. It is not possible to override individual skins of Composites and Complex Profiles.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there any update on this issue? We are having the same problems getting any new rules to stick!

This seems like quite a crucial issue to have? We have imported our model view options from 19 and cannot change any of the graphical overides associated, essentially meaning all of our graphical overrides mean nothing!

Really need a hotfix as soon as possible!
ksjhawk
Enthusiast
Also having this issue. Any progress on an update?
MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 12.4
AC26 - AC6.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
KatalinBorszeki wrote:
Hi there,
Our development checked the issue and found that it is indeed caused by a bug. An entry has been added into our database (#215625). We are investigating the problem as we speak. Thanks for pointing our attention to it and special kudos to Kevin Motyka for sending me a screen recording!! best, k
Hi Katalin,

Will there be a hotfix release for this? I have created a couple of schedules which rely on the graphic override settings within the schedule. They are not displaying correctly on the layout and is different to the saved view! Its all very strange

Many thanks
Learn and get certified!