cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10: Attrib Mgr Complex Profile *Overwrite* now changes ID

In AC 10 1188, first time I see this problem, never happened before even in the same project, when bringing in Complex Profiles from some other file using 'Overwrite' to keep the ID (those ID slots are empty now, and there are no pre-existing profiles with matching names) Attribute Manager is changing the IDs going sequential from #1.

The only new thing I can think of is that in that file was such a mess I just purged all unused profiles and # 1 and following are clear --I don't know if there is anything special about the first complex profiles, as there is with say the ArchiCAD layer and the Solid Fill.
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Expert
hi Ignacio, como vas.

the Attribute manager edits the project attributes only after you close the window, so maybe you can try deleting the old profile (i mean the profile with that specific ID) close the attribute manager window, open it again, and then overwrite the new profile from a pln file.
Notice that if you take the profile from an aat file it does not takes the original ID number, it just re-index the hole list. But if you take it from the original pln it keeps the original ID.

Ojala esto te ayude en algo.
(Hope this helps.)

Regards
Chau

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
NandoMogollon wrote:
the Attribute manager edits the project attributes only after you close the window, so maybe you can try deleting the old profile (i mean the profile with that specific ID) close the attribute manager window, open it again, and then overwrite the new profile from a pln file.
Notice that if you take the profile from an aat file it does not takes the original ID number, it just re-index the hole list. But if you take it from the original pln it keeps the original ID.

Qué tal Nando. The thing is that in the destination file there is *no* old profile --there is nothing to 'overwrite' but the empty slot, let's say. Weirdest thing I have ever seen. Source file is a PLN.