Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC10 Stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
A strange thing happened when I was working on a set of stairs (AC10 MacTel version).
For no apparent reason, I can only see the stairs in plan view as a black dot. It shows normal in section, 3d views. The problem persists when I made a fresh copy of the same stairs. And in the stair library I notice the stair symbol has a cut through it.
Any thoughts?

Picture 1.png
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
A black do usually appears when the Library Part you placed is not loaded in the Project.
Check it in the Library Manager and load the folder containing the Stair Object as a library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the stair folder is not loaded, why it would appear normal in 3D and Section view but not in plan view?
__archiben
Booster
Benjamin wrote:
If the stair folder is not loaded, why it would appear normal in 3D and Section view but not in plan view?
because you have a parameter error in the 2D script - the model part of the stair is working just fine, but it's symbol is running into errors. try looking through the stair settings that relate directly to its 2D representation . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I can confirm this problem.
It only seems to happen on stair objects that have been carried over from v9, and only occurs on the Intel Mac build of AC10.
I have no idea why it's happening though. Sorry.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
i have the same problem but it looks a bit different. the stair is disappearing from sections, like all lines are going transparent. when i revert to plan views it's there. i have to 'guess click' it, go to setting dialog, edit the stair (changing nothing) and it comes back.
it happened during the plotting process, too.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
uisanata wrote:
i have the same problem but it looks a bit different. the stair is disappearing from sections, like all lines are going transparent. when i revert to plan views it's there. i have to 'guess click' it, go to setting dialog, edit the stair (changing nothing) and it comes back.
it happened during the plotting process, too.
Do you have two copies in the same place? Coincident elements cancel in 3D, leaving a void.

It could also be the section pen setting.
one copy and section pen setting is the default one.

it just dissapears
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Benjamin wrote:
I can only see the stairs in plan view as a black dot. It shows normal in section, 3d views. The problem persists when I made a fresh copy of the same stairs.
Same problem here. I would say it is a Mactel bug.