Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 SOON

Nuge
Advocate
I have just had my local supplier inform me that AC11 will ship in approx 2 months here in NZ and will be Vista compatabile.

Bring it on i say

Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know how well (or badly) it will run on a G4 Powerbook?
Dwight
Newcomer
I've been running it on a 12" G4 Powerbook from 2005 with 756 Megatrons:

IE: ancient AND feeble.

It makes no increased demands on the system, but with the increased OpenGL transparency capacity, the more video RAM the better. Or reduce window size or rendering resolution extent.

You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much video RAM.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
that is a relief, now I can put off my hardware upgrade for another year (or 2)!
Dwight
Newcomer
Scott wrote:
that is a relief, now I can put off my hardware upgrade for another year (or 2)!
In the meantime, save up for waterfront property.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
This is correct. I know it may not sound like much, but these were two items missing from the fundamental functionality of AC, and it's a pleasure to see them addressed.
Interesting -- more convergence! These two features (interior elevations and freely referencing a view with an annotation) have been kicking around in Revit for perhaps five years! What's also interesting is how much less RAM and horsepower AC requires -- a brand new Core 2 Duo box with 2Gb of RAM is good to have on any sizable project in Revit.

Looks like I have to try AC again 😉
giza
Booster
hey metanoia

what's your salary from Autodesk/Revit for making so much contribution on AC forum thanks for all comparative info

i would suggest you try AC again...
cheers
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
metanoia wrote:
Laura wrote:
This is correct. I know it may not sound like much, but these were two items missing from the fundamental functionality of AC, and it's a pleasure to see them addressed.
Interesting -- more convergence! These two features (interior elevations and freely referencing a view with an annotation) have been kicking around in Revit for perhaps five years! What's also interesting is how much less RAM and horsepower AC requires -- a brand new Core 2 Duo box with 2Gb of RAM is good to have on any sizable project in Revit.

Looks like I have to try AC again 😉
So, your point is?
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
So, your point is?
1 Some new features in AC have been kicking around for a while in Revit
2 Revit requires more horsepower in a computer than AC -- which could mean you can do larger projects in AC.

Just observations: not making a point really. I'm not a mole or an evangelist -- I just tell you what's happening on the other side of the fence. A reporter from the other trench, if you will.

I'm also hoping that the two communities can feel some comraderie, because we're both doing the same thing and face many of the same challenges. Plus I try to moderate any Revit trollers who drop in on your party.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I kind of see it that way too. I got Revit 9.1 and Constructor 2007 on the top shelf Dell M90. I must say Constructor fly, while Revit ... lets just say it works. On the feature side. Yes there is a lot of features that in Revit you can find for some time, but the same happens the other way around too. There is a lot of things that Revit is missing or have it built but in so clunky way that is very difficult to use. To name one:
-Dimensioning - horrible.
-no easy dimensioning to points - 3 times Tab per every point that you want to dimension (of course, there is not many situations where we need to use it but still)
-no automation
-no dimension chains for entire wall, just for individual references
-no dimension to "any" point
-no way to modify dimension setting per node (like changing leader line behavior per node)

Every software have a different way of evolution - means different set of tools evolve in a different time frame.