Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 SOON

Nuge
Advocate
I have just had my local supplier inform me that AC11 will ship in approx 2 months here in NZ and will be Vista compatabile.

Bring it on i say

Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
48 REPLIES 48
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
metanoia,

1. interior elevation gives you a chain of elevations in one go (eg 4 walls in a room) by placing a (star-like) marker in the room. It's virtually same to an elevation but it's automated as described (eg. you would use that typically for amenities or wet areas elevation arrangements etc)

2. linkage
you want to cross-link your markers throughout whole project so eg. a section marker in 2D detail (or anywhere else I suppose) will be automatically linked to a real section. It was possible to do so within 3D environment of AC but when it got to crunch with detailing in 2D we could not use 'live' - meaning linked section and markers. That's how I understand Laura.
::rk
Dennis wrote:
It's officially here!
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac11/

THANK YOU GRAPHISOFT FOR COMPLETING THE PROFILE MANAGER TOOL TO ALLOW ONE TO DO CURVED PROFILED WALLS. THANK YOU!

<rant mode off>

Okay, assuming that works as well as they showed in that video, ( which is really how I had imagined it should have worked right from the start), my only hope is that the introduction of the 'Virtual Trace' ( which seems to be a CPU/processor taxing tool) feature is an indication that they have also tightened the screws some on ArchiCAD's engine for stability and speed. IT all looks pretty fast on those videos, so I would hope it is just as stable. At the very least, it's good to see that AC11 is now Vista and 64-Bit ready.

The Detail-in-detail and Cross-referencing views/Worksheet features were obviously long overdue. Ditto a proper fully-functioning Interior Elevation tool. Other than that I would hope that there are few other hidden improvements and upgrades not highlighted in the brochures and videos and I'll be ready to consider this a very good upgrade to the current version.

Looking ahead, I would only remind Graphisoft not to forget the likes of Stairmaker, an improved Render engine and interface ( both the internal Engine and Lightworks which should really have radiosity, at the very least, in the next version) especially with the texture and mapping controls, still improved NURBS-like parametric modeling tools ( ala lofting, Sweeps, revolves, ) or at least a Maxonform-like bridge to Rhinoceros; improvements to Solid Elements Operations control interface and Rotation in the Section/Elevation windows.

Looking forward to getting my hands on v11 though!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
Other than that I would hope that there are few other hidden improvements and upgrades not highlighted in the brochures and videos and I'll be ready to consider this a very good upgrade to the current version.
Now that I am no longer constrained by the NDA (I presume), I can at least say there are certainly quite a few little tweaks that I am happy about. Foremost among them I would say is improved layer combination management (thanks to a request from James Murray if I'm not mistaken).
Aussie John
Newcomer
Revised Internal elevations sounds good, any improvements to interactive schedules, in particular door and window?
I hope it hasnt been rushed out to be vista compliant
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=16208
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Just got the news from my reseller! Mid May.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Bricklyne wrote:
. . . so I would hope it is just as stable.
I hear this is the case. There was one firm at the Meeting that has been using AC11 on their projects for the past 3 months without (significant) incidence.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Rob wrote:
metanoia,

1. interior elevation gives you a chain of elevations in one go (eg 4 walls in a room) by placing a (star-like) marker in the room. It's virtually same to an elevation but it's automated as described (eg. you would use that typically for amenities or wet areas elevation arrangements etc)

2. linkage
you want to cross-link your markers throughout whole project so eg. a section marker in 2D detail (or anywhere else I suppose) will be automatically linked to a real section. It was possible to do so within 3D environment of AC but when it got to crunch with detailing in 2D we could not use 'live' - meaning linked section and markers. That's how I understand Laura.
This is correct. I know it may not sound like much, but these were two items missing from the fundamental functionality of AC, and it's a pleasure to see them addressed.
The interoperability with Google Earth and 3D Warehouse looks promising -- and if the enhancements of PDF creation mean that our firm no longer needs to purchase Adobe Distiller for every desktop (which we had determined was necessary to get suitable output), it will be very worthwhile.

Can anybody help me understand the benefits of the Worksheet Tool? Isn't this just another way of dedicating a story for drawing coordination, or using a detail window as an additional 2D workspace?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
Other than that I would hope that there are few other hidden improvements and upgrades not highlighted in the brochures and videos and I'll be ready to consider this a very good upgrade to the current version.
Now that I am no longer constrained by the NDA (I presume), I can at least say there are certainly quite a few little tweaks that I am happy about. Foremost among them I would say is improved layer combination management (thanks to a request from James Murray if I'm not mistaken).
Yappi