Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 SOON

Nuge
Advocate
I have just had my local supplier inform me that AC11 will ship in approx 2 months here in NZ and will be Vista compatabile.

Bring it on i say

Nuge
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
48 REPLIES 48
gpowless
Advocate
Well, if that is the case then I hope that Graphisoft starts releasing details of the features and upgrades of AC11 now. It is pretty frustrating to purchase an upgrade - especially with a one year upgrade cycle - and find out that one month after you install it is outdated and redundant because of yet another upgrade.

And even though the cycle is one year I will expect some dramatic improvements and better stability in the release. If they can't get their act together bug free, then I will have to look to Revit.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not that I want to defend GS, but do you really think that Revit is bug-free, or that the improvement from version to version are really so significant?
I see it that way that every few years new version of the software should be revolutionary (like AC 10) - and between those versions - there should be few evolutionary version, that bring improvement, clear the code, UI, processes, etc., but don't turn software around. That is what I'm hoping for ACXI.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What about ArchiCAD 11 & ArchiCAD Viewer. Is that just a joke for 1 April or it is true.

ArchiCAD Viewer supported by Apple iPhone

Link to the article: http://archiedu.com/home/forum/ext.php?ref=http://www.graphisoft-nordbayern.de/graphisoft-k%fcndigt-neuen-archicad-viewer-f%fcr-das-apple-iphone-an_tipp_719.html
Dwight
Newcomer
Wow.

How cool.

If it is true, for once, Graphisoft might get ahead of the curve.
Dwight Atkinson
Stress Co_
Advisor
Sounds a bit like the "GPS Gallello-Dongle"
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
freskim81 wrote:
What about ArchiCAD 11 & ArchiCAD Viewer. Is that just a joke for 1 April or it is true.

ArchiCAD Viewer supported by Apple iPhone

Link to the article: http://archiedu.com/home/forum/ext.php?ref=http://www.graphisoft-nordbayern.de/graphisoft-k%fcndigt-neuen-archicad-viewer-f%fcr-das-apple-iphone-an_tipp_719.html
From a quick scan of the article it looks like AC11 will run better on the iPhone than AC10 does on a MacBookPro. I wish my German were better. I suspect the subtleties, that would be evident if I actually understood all the words, would be quite amusing.

I think we can assume that the date of the article is significant. So far the only apps that are expected to run on the iPhone are Widgets, and it isn't clear yet whether Apple is going to provide a way to install 3rd party stuff (I sure hope they do though).
Karl Ottenstein
The wireless WIBU link page is pretty funny, too... full GPS capabilities to report illegal usage by physical location...something about Google Earth connectivity, too.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Stress Co_
Advisor
For those who missed it and can read German (or use a Babel Fish), it's HERE
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Andy Thomson
Advisor
gpowless wrote:
....I will expect some dramatic improvements and better stability in the release. If they can't get their act together bug free, then I will have to look to Revit.
Me too. I have actually been taking Revit training. Unfortunately, there isn't enough going on there yet for me to warrant jumping ship - yet. If there were anything better than Archicad, we would be all over it.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro