cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC13 : Structural Property

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started investigating AC13 possibilities (demo version) and I wonder why the Structural Property tab for walls, beams, columns, ... is hidden while using the AC13 template? What's the point for manually check this option in the Tool Settings Dialog Boxes?
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought this info to be reflected in the 3D model with instant color visibility like Ecodesigner does (different color representation for external and internal walls, roofs, etc...) or at least information could be incorporated in a shedule. If no use in AC, obviously this option may be hidden.
Even for export to structural engineers only, how do you control / follow up this information? Element by element : tab by tab?
I don't mind having extra options in AC that need further development but please THIS is not a tool to put on the frontpage. Correct me if I'm wrong
Joeri! Where is my link to that ArchiCAD 13 demo ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve,
No existing download link for the time being. I'm sure it will be available soon...
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Bulk modeler labeled as Structural (Revit) differs between Architectural and Structural content and canät do architectural modeling. ArchiCAD on the other hand can do both Architectural and Structural. If you check load-bearing in AC the structural engineers don't need to do it themselves. It's pretty easy to do it but it's more elegant if they don't need to.

We'll focus on the AC+Tekla cooperation and produce videos of the workflow between ArchiCAD and Tekla as soon as possible. Firstly in Swedish but I think it's a task for the respective reseller since our markets use the different softwares slightly different and the "border" between A and S are somewhat different.
Phew...need to work now...AC-talk ban for me for the rest of the week.
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
One of the Chapters of the upcoming Collaboration Interactive Training Guide will also have a part that is about IFC export-import and it will show the use of this Load-bearing option in ArchiCAD.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27