Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC14 Favorite Pallet Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

my first time here. I just start to make the tutorial of AC14 and I saw in the Essential tutorial that in MAC you can put the Favorite Pallet under the Navigation Pallet.

Anyway I tried this in Windows and it seems impossible. So i get so frustrated that I have to ask how can I do this ?

I hate the floating windows, and if I put it near the Navigation window it takes a lot of space.

Thanks in advance and sorry I didn't find nothing similar on forum.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Mac & Windows are slightly different in this regard, AFAIR. On Mac floating palettes can snap together, but in Windows they need to be docked to snap together.

That said, you will be able to dock your favorites palette under the navigator palette. Keep your eye on the 4-arrow cursor (rather than the whole palette) when you drag it. Once it gets within 8 or so pixels of a possible docking location, a bold outline will appear at which point it will dock.

Cheers,
Link.
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I had the same frustration, but yes, just wanted to confirm what Link says, it will work. In Windows drag the header of the Favorites pallette over the Settings button at the bottom of the Navigator and you will see what Link means.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not able to dock any of my palettes to each other or to get them to dock to any side of the ArchiCAD screen.
The navigator was docked but I cannot get it to dock into the edge of my ArchiCAD screen.
I have three monitors. Could that be part of the problem?
Is there a control or setting that controls palette docking?
I am using ArchiCAD 11. I wanted to point this out as the originator of this thread was asking about ArchiCAD 14.
Thank you