Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 Library Speed

Rod Jurich
Contributor
Greetings all,
Since up grading to 9 I have noticed the following.
To begin, I am quite proficient in GDL and consider myself an "almost expert" user of ArchiCAD.

Since upgrading from 8.1 I have been frustrated by the apparent slowness when switching views in the preview box in the door, window or object tools, as well as when revising scripts in library parts.

This happens either when using the default 9 Object Library or my own library. I rarely if ever load the default library. I use My_Library generally without exception, (many hours of development).

There is definitely a big difference between 8.1 & 9. 9 being so slow.
Has there been that much change in the programming between 8.1 & 9????

Generation of elevation/section appears no faster than 8.1. This I fear is only going to be fixed by a "faster box".

If this is so, then ok, need to budget for a G5.

This is not mean as negative about 9, as there are many benefits which I enjoy about 9 over 8.1.

Has anyone else using similar hardware noticed anything?
Appreciate any response, thanks.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
Rod wrote:
Since upgrading from 8.1 I have been frustrated by the apparent slowness when switching views in the preview box in the door, window or object tools, as well as when revising scripts in library parts.
As you said yourself, this is probably the box problem. Try the same library on a faster box, and see.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Rod wrote:
Generation of elevation/section appears no faster than 8.1. This I fear is only going to be fixed by a "faster box".

If this is so, then ok, need to budget for a G5.

Has anyone else using similar hardware noticed anything?
Appreciate any response, thanks.
Hi Rod.
Dont know about the library issues (haven't really got into that yet), but we have experienced the same problem with generation of sections/elevations. They are slower than in V8.1.
See the post from our resident CAD mananger (Barry):
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5030&highlight=%2A&sid=def26bb82e32959a219a4bc95...

According to the V9 promo material they changed the programming to improve section/elevation generation speed even on older machines. Unfortunately this is not a reality yet.

Cheers
Stu.