Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 announced - how do you like the new features?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please see the announcement and info about the new features here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/

Let us use this thread to discuss the new features of the program.

On the above page there is also a link using which you can register to watch the ARCHICAD 21 Event.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
115 REPLIES 115
Eduardo Rolon
vortextheory wrote:
Barry wrote:
zoli79 wrote:
So, when is 21 coming out?
From memory 20 INT was released at the end of June 2016.
Localised versions were some time after that (some take longer than others).
I assume this one will be much the same.

Barry.
Purely because GS have to print a Marketed cardboard box in 15+ different languages and then burn a file to a DVD! then POST them out.
Seriously when is GS going to get with the times, just release the file, enough with boxing rubbish. I just chucked my v20 in the bin. I haven't used a DVD player for 3 years.
And that is not the only reason, it is a little bit more complicated. GS internal schedule is usually announcement in may while still finishing bugs so that Help files and demo videos can be written including the latest changes, then update the basic templates and localizations, then produce the boxes for the people that want them.
The reason they announce in May is to take advantage of different architectural conferences like the AIA. The other options is to just wait to announce when it is ready to ship.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

RandyC
Advocate
Does anyone know if you will be able to set the top step to 1 step below floor level ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Randy. yes.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
The railing tool is still a little mysterious. Is there any way to find out what is possible as far as turned balusters, goosenecks, and newels/volutes? (Basically, classic residential stairs)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Stress Co_
Advisor
Bricklyne wrote:
arqrivas wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Yes, James, you are right, that might be it.
That is the result I meant, but as James B said, it will be possible to do with the 3D style (which is cool). I just thought that because you can override materials, and if doors and windows are going to use materials instead of surface, then it might be possible to do it, that was why I thought that.
Anyway let's keep waiting for more videos...
It's worth noting that you can already do this with ArchiCAD v20.
You just have to spend time fine-tuning the over-ride filters to isolate all the transparent surfaces (or materials) and exclude them.
Even when the glass is part of a window object?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard wrote:
The railing tool is still a little mysterious. Is there any way to find out what is possible as far as turned balusters, goosenecks, and newels/volutes? (Basically, classic residential stairs)
You will be able to use Profiles and custom elements with the tool. There will also be built-in options. Goosenecks are part of the tool, not sure about volutes. Screen shot from beta using built-in options, final release may differ.

David
Railing_Tool_axon_example.png
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks, David. I'm basically trying to figure out if it will be able to do something like this (which is just a grabbed image off the Internet):
gallery6.jpg
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if it will have support for high-dpi with screen scaling in windows? It is almost unusable with some 4k screens currently.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard wrote:
Thanks, David. I'm basically trying to figure out if it will be able to do something like this (which is just a grabbed image off the Internet):
I think you will able to get pretty close.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thanks, David. I could live with that.
Richard