cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Amending Hotlinked Module

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

is there any way to amend a hotlink module once it is placed in your Master File, other than layers?

Eg can you SEO, or Renovation tool, anything?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
You have to edit a hotlink in the original source file and then update the hotlink.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can SEO elements that are part of a module file with elements that are not part of any module file. You can select individual elements from the module file by suspending groups.

Or alternatively as suggested, you can modify the elements in the module, save it and update it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry - This is our fear. We are currently modelling a multi storey building and have created modules for our typical floor plates including their concrete slab floors.

Our issue is at the Ground Floor Podium level where the concrete slab floor changes drastically as it becomes a transfer slab and has been engineered with different concrete beams etc. The apartment layout is the same on GF as it is on all other levels.

We are not wanting to separate the concrete floors from the typical floor plans because we have Priority Based Connections (PBC) happening with set downs etc around the edge of the slab with external walls.

Thanks Erwin - you are correct in that you can use a part of a module to SEO another non-module element. I cannot however do the reverse and edit any part of the module with another element using SEO, although you did get my hopes up

Looks like we might have to do another module of just the GF apartment layout.
Barry Kelly
Just thinking out loud as I don't really use modules a lot.

Could you make a module of just the apartment minus the slab and another of just the slab?
Then combine those modules and make another module of that for the complete apartment (you can have nested modules).
Now use the nested modules for all the other floors but use only the apartment only module for the ground floor and create a separate slab just for that?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we then have issues with no being able to utilise Priority Based Connections between the 2 modules (Apartments and Slabs) which we want to use for letdowns.

A work in progress.....