cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Applying opacity to a jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way you can you set a opacity to a jpeg in Archicad?

I am trying to create elevations for presentation, and need to add "realistic" trees in order to indicate context, but then the elevation itself starts getting lost, and I am very much trying to avoid having to take these elevations in to photoshop.
11 REPLIES 11
Eduardo Rolon
This is "faking" opacity by using the same image with different saturation settings.
Another problem can be that all of those images might start to slow down AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Given the almost lack of annotation in those examples, you might as well render the views and use photo-editing tool to place your trees and put those behind an elevation with only the annotation that is there.

The coloured vectorial elevations use such a limited palette / penset of colours, the trees would be the least of my worries. In my experience I can't even get near white surfaces to not be a shade of grey that is way too dark.

If you want a good way to scale the ortho rendered views in 3D: put some morph lines as a 'frame' on each elevation axis, you can select them in 3D and zoom to them to get a pixel perfect represenation of an excact measurement in your model.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5