BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 14 - Text Bug... cursor jumps!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone out there have this problem? I know my office does! When editing text, the cursor will jump while in mid-type. Any advice or tips on how to correct this problem. I've downloaded the most recent HotFix but no luck.
28 REPLIES 28
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
But I think we do have the answer...

It's a bug and it won't get better until GS fixes it...

I didn't say it was good answer!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha you are right. Does Graphisoft read these posts on a regular basis? Hope so!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't rely on ArchiCAD Talk to get the word to GS about this bug. They do read it but there is no guarantee the info will get to the right parties in a timely fashion. To file a bug report either contact your reseller or regional office and/or launch the bug reporter program (in your ArchiCAD folder) and send it direct ton GS.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I'm definitively facing the same problem!

Very annoying!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Karl Ottenstein
Hi guys,

Can someone post precise steps that reproduce this problem? I've tried the insert-in-middle-of-word-wrap-block and the other things mentioned here, and cannot see the issue on my Mac.

Will report the bug once we have steps that allow the engineers to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Karl

PS Hi Duane - maybe can you start a new thread with your separate Navigator issue and/or report it to tech support with a file they can use to reproduce it.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Karl,

The text one is intermittent... It happens with no apparent rhyme or reason. I would say mostly on text blocks that already exist and you click into to edit.. but it has also happened on fresh text block.

The Navigator, on the other hand, is EVERY TIME...

1. Open Navigator and open a folder and select a LAYOUT (actually make it the current layout / bold letters, etc.)
2. Scroll the Navigator so that the previously selected layout no longer appears in the window of the navigator..
3. Try to double click any folder or layout in the current navi-window.
4. The navigator will jump to display the current layout in the navi-window and your 2nd click will be on something else...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
BTW,

I know I don't think like anyone else (here or anywhere!)... but for my money, I'd like to see bug reports happen in a forum where other USERS can try to duplicate as well as GS techies... Don't know why we have to GS C.O.N.T.R.O.L. to type in our bugs in secret...

Like I said, I don't think like anyone else... and it is GS's to run as they like...

Anyway.... I figure if enough speak out here, they'll get it...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:
The Navigator, on the other hand, is EVERY TIME...

1. Open Navigator and open a folder and select a LAYOUT (actually make it the current layout / bold letters, etc.)
2. Scroll the Navigator so that the previously selected layout no longer appears in the window of the navigator..
3. Try to double click any folder or layout in the current navi-window.
4. The navigator will jump to display the current layout in the navi-window and your 2nd click will be on something else...
Just tried this and it works as expected on my Mac. No jumping around. Haven't tried Windows.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
What is the easiest way for me to do a Screen movie? (mac)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok... Thanks Matthew...I did explain it wrong (cuz that's the way my memory is these days)...

1. Open up navigator palette
2. Select any layout that's INSIDE a folder... It does not need to be the current...
3. Close the folder
4. Select a different folder and the folder containing the selected layout will POP open...

I'm trying to attach my .mov from snapz....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!