Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Find the official announcement and new features at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-18/overview/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
152 REPLIES 152
DGSketcher
Legend
Graphisoft wrote:
Dan wrote:
And why still no update to the Renovation Tool so you can set the renovation status of individual skins in composites - currently there is no (easy) way to add say a new external insulation layer to an existing wall, which is a pretty common requirement now for retrofit / refurb. works.
Would this help?
youtu.be/5_SgGNG7f8I
It doesn't really address the issue of producing the demolition plan where you want to show the retained part of the existing and indicate the skin(s) to be removed and then show the final plans with the new skin(s) forming part of the composite for energy calculation purposes and adjusting the door position if it is affected by the new skin thickness. For me I see the adjustment of opening objects (Doors/windows) as the biggest challenge to making the renovation filter work e.g. adding a new lining and placing the door in the new lining. Still, AC offers plenty of workarounds...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Mjules
Mentor
laszlonagy wrote:
Find the official announcement and new features at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-18/overview/

Where is the trial version of ArchiCAD 18 ? I am waiting for it !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
They said June, still 18 days left.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Mjules wrote:
Where is the trial version of ArchiCAD 18 ? I am waiting for it !
Same answer as when you asked last year about version 17 ... the trial version won't be available until after the initial releases begin shipping. Even then, there is often a delay between shipping and appearance on Myarchicad.com.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Jan Vlach
Advocate
There are two things I hope will be added in terms of rendering engine:
1) Texturing in 3D window
2) And way more important - Network render.

Lastly and this is question directly to developers: Will it now be easy for those who make 3rd party rendering solutions for C4D, with only few tweaks release their plug-ins also for AC? Because that would be awesome (Once again, looking at you V-ray)
From Archicad 8.5 all the way to the present.
Passionate Autocad hater as well.
Wish to save palets and menus individualy in work enviroments:
https://bit.ly/3pg3Bx7
Karl Ottenstein
skawagon wrote:
There are two things I hope will be added in terms of rendering engine:
1) Texturing in 3D window
2) And way more important - Network render.
I believe that Graphisoft's idea is that people who need a network render will purchase C4D itself. The shaders and settings in AC CineRender will transfer directly to C4D which supports network rendering.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
As for receiving ArchiCAD 18 will we get a choice again between downloading or paying extra for box??? Thank You John A
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think your local reseller should be able to answer that question for you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just been on an AC 18 web search (can you tell I'm eager for the new release?) and found the AC18 reference guide and New feature guide.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/archicad-18-new-features-guide/

There's a few interesting 'little' new features which look very useful such as:

- Building material priority shown in pop ups
- Identical Building Material fills no longer merge in Profiles.
- Attribute Management: new option to overwrite attributes by Name, reducing the need to keep index numbers in a fixed order.
- Dimension Line editing: Ctrl (Cmd)+Click to instantly delete individual nodes.
- Additional Zone options: scale dependent content, optional fixed width with word wrapping, custom text option
- New Sectional Doors (selected markets only)

Now if only it was available to download and use on the project I have to get out next week ......
Sam Wheatley
Contributor
Thanks for the update Tlodge.

Looking at the window and door improvements, If i'm reading the information right the window and door improvements are much improved. For the first time in almost 20 years I will be using the windows and door out of the box . I can't wait to get 18, to me 18 looks like a big improvement.
ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB