Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 18 announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Find the official announcement and new features at:

http://www.graphisoft.com/archicad/archicad-18/overview/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
152 REPLIES 152
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I see, thanks for the info.
stefanc
Participant
Hi Karl,

Perhaps you might have some insight. Still trying to figure out why I have not gotten an email -- checked my spam folder (even rooted around on my server directly - my email and domain name are on my own server...). No email/instructions. Signed into my ArchiPlus account with my user number and password no help there at all - double checked my yearly payment went through in May and it did...

Is it available through the myarchicad site, or is it something different? My - myarchicad - is still showing 17. I have sent an email off to the reseller that showed up in the Graphisoft site by putting in my zip code - he is an entirely different person from the person listed in my ArchiPlus statement from May, and again different from my reseller when 17 shipped.

Confused here, and perhaps wondering if somehow I got Graphisoft confused as well...

Cheers,

Stefan
Karl wrote:
Yes, all downloads for 18 are available to USA ArchiPlus subscribers (SSA - whatever SSA means).. AC, BS, MEP, Goodies, etc. on an official distribution page. Build 3006.

As Eduardo said... the announcement email may be in the junk/spam folder for some people. Mine actually ended up there, too.

The official word is the INT and GER have been ready for a couple of days - up to the distributors in those countries (OK, INT is not a country!) to make them available.
Karl Ottenstein
You may need to phone GSUS in Boston on Monday. I sent you a PM.

Like you, I find it strange that we have logins for ArchiPlus and yet links like this download do not appear there. Ditto myarchicad.com
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
stefanc
Participant
Thanks Karl,

I have two emails off to two of my resellers as noted below. Yes the system for all this seems a bit kludgy! It would only make sense for our ArchiPlus log-in to get us to something besides some generic information -- a post for a different topic though!

THANKS again

Stefan
Karl wrote:
You may need to phone GSUS in Boston on Monday. I sent you a PM.

Like you, I find it strange that we have logins for ArchiPlus and yet links like this download do not appear there. Ditto myarchicad.com
Stress Co_
Advisor
Karl wrote:
(SSA - whatever SSA means)
Software Service Agreement.
... and it wasn't in my spam folder.
Download/key update worked with no problems.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Graphisoft today announced the release of ArchiCAD and BIMCloud:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/graphisoft-releases-archicad-18-introduces-bimclo...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been rendering a small AC model using CineRender - We're gonna need some new hardware!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
csparchitects wrote:
I've just been rendering a small AC model using CineRender - We're gonna need some new hardware!!
don't know what to say on this one....

AC didn't have right rendering tool since its beginnings ...now it has but ones again its too slow...
Future is GPU based rendering software...Why...because its MUCH faster... graphic card has more processors and they use parallel computing...
You will be able to render on internet farms for 1$ per GPU per hour...
So your rendering, animations etc can be finished in no time,for very very small price,in highest quality and biggest sizes. You can't buy enough CPU to compete with GPU....your race is over on start....

CPU based render engines are part of history....I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 12MB L2 and that procesor can't compete with gtx 460.
I use gtx 460 which has 336 cuda cores....its old graph.card now....
I plan to buy now gtx 780 which has 2304 CUDA cores.
It will give me the speedup up to 4-5 X and it will cost around 400$...If i wait more i will pay less...Renderings are done in realtime preview...

I used for a long period GPU render engine and i'm very satisfied and for sure im not going back....My 4 core processor will never be able to compete with 336 core GPU or 2304 core on GTX780 or if i buy 2 gtx 780 i will have 4608 cores with 3 or 6 GB per GPU...You can't beat that...

Only if you have more computers connected via network....then it can be pleasable

If Cinema render moves to GPU rendering, then it will be other story....

Speed maters !
Anonymous
Not applicable
We are looking at buying new graphics cards, not necessarily for the CineRender, but generally to speed up ArchiCAD.

I assume a decent graphics card won't speed up CineRender then?
Anonymous
Not applicable
csparchitects wrote:
We are looking at buying new graphics cards, not necessarily for the CineRender, but generally to speed up ArchiCAD.

I assume a decent graphics card won't speed up CineRender then?
That's right !

CineRender uses CPU cores...CPU calculations...

If you want to speed up your comp try installing SSD.
It will speed up your complete system...if you have 7200 RPM HDD...

I calculated time,when i turn on my comp, wait for system to load, then i start photoshop, archicad...then close this programs and shut down computer, before and after instaling SSD

Doing this for 1 year i get 9 days more of my lost time on waiting for system and programs to load up....
because my computer with SSD works much much faster....

Now i enjoy more free time loosing it on web