Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCADwiki???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone involved in setting up ArchiCADwiki give us a brief introduction to it?

If you haven't seen this yet take a look at www.archicadwiki.com

very informative and interesting

Dan K
6 REPLIES 6
glenn_peters
Contributor
There is a brief article on ArchiCAD at Wikipedia that could be expanded on (volunteers?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArchiCAD

Hmm... no direct link to ArchiCAD-Talk or the ArchiPUB under the "External Links" section
Senior Associate, Chernoff Thompson Architects
ArchiCAD 16 (firm uses Revit)
Mac OS X 10.10 on Mac Pro (2013)
3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon w/64 GB RAM & Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6 GB Graphics
1 TB SSD w/20 TB RAID 1
Asus PB287Q 4k UHD 28-inch monitor (3840x2160)
Djordje
Ace
glenn_peters wrote:
Hmm... no direct link to ArchiCAD-Talk or the ArchiPUB under the "External Links" section
Not good for the first one, good for the second O;)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
Dan wrote:
Can anyone involved in setting up ArchiCADwiki give us a brief introduction to it?
i wasn't involved with the setup, but i believe it's going to be a way of putting the existing 'archiguide' into the hands of a broader spectrum of people: hence the archiCAD knowledge base of known issues, fixes, explanations, tips, etc will grow into an ever-evolving, always up-to-date repository of searchable information available for all.

the more people that are involved, the more up-to-date and accurate it becomes. i guess we'll have to wait and see how it takes off and what kind of editorial control gets imposed on it . . . it could be a very effective and interesting resource.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
Dan wrote:

If you haven't seen this yet take a look at www.archicadwiki.com

very informative and interesting

Dan K
Hi Dan,

GS Support is creating the site as fast as they can, but it is not officially public (although it is not password protected either). Only the beta testers knew of the link. Whoever's IP address is 195.144.20.205, they're the one who posted the link onto wikipedia. I think GS's intent was to announce it when they felt it was ready for everyone to jump in.

This will be a great resource, once fully functional, since we can all add to and edit it. The GS folks will have to check our input and revert to prior versions if someone edits the content in a non-helpful way. For example, the wiki has already had its first spammer come along and add junk to several pages.

If anyone cannot resist the urge to begin working on the wiki before it is officially announced, please read the guidlines posted there and create a login using a wiki version of your real name as described. I suspect that anonymous modifications will be purged.

Stay tuned...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Hi Dan,

...GS Support is creating the site as fast as they can, but it is not officially public (although it is not password protected either)...
Karl,
Oops! If it wasn't public before, I guess it is now. I read about it in a newsletter. Thanks for the info...I look forward to seeing this source develop.

Dan K
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ArchicadWiki's primary goal is to replace ArchiGuide with a knowledge base that is not maintained exclusively by the Tech Support Team, but by anyone who can/willing to contribute to it. This forum (ArchiCAD-Talk) is full of seasoned ArchiCAD professionals who have all the expertise that our users need, so we thought it would be a good idea to lure these people to a collaborative site to help us build the ultimate ArchiCAD knowledge base. We also hope that this site will be more fun than the strictly technical ArchiGuide.

As a first step, we moved the ArchiGuide articles over, and now we are adding some new stuff, meanwhile finding the structure that seems to fit our goals. Since most of us are still in the process of learning the "wiki way", we didn't want crowds of people edit the site until we are confident with handling that sort of traffic. Nevertheless, the site is not hidden, and I encourage you to visit it. An "official" announcement will be made on graphisoft.com in a few weeks.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft