cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCad openGL in every view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Full Open GL in every view. Graphisoft might be heading this way soon. I don't know. Archicad has had disabled options like hidden line view for open GL in the 3d window for some time. Things would surely work a lot faster if everything were done with open GL. No more regenerating sections and elevation etc.

The possibility would be to have two live views open at once (section/ floor plan etc.), and you could select a door in one view and it would highlight and move in all open views.

I'm working on a house renovation. As a test I set up some orthogonal open GL views of the model that corresponds to the sections/ elevations, roof plans, floor plans. It would be very fast if it were possible to work this way.

Add to that a new modeling and object making environment and we'd be in business. I know it easy to say.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will many times will turn on shadows on the elevations for clarity and the lag time is significantly more.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have noticed the time required has dropped substantially. Now it's just a minor annoyance that slows my work flow, rather than the royal pain it used to be.