cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 14 New Features

Dennis Lee
Booster
See what's on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad#g/c/5C1926DD91A70C7B

Personally, not much in it for me at all!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
310 REPLIES 310
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Just my tuppence worth but the Quicklayers palette still disappears after quitting and starting up ArchiCAD. This is a long running annoyance albeit there is a workaround by making a Quicklayers toolbar but you would have thought by now they would have fixed it.

Also I take it the Goodies Add-ons like Roof to Mesh and Check Duplicates will be released shortly?

On the plus side starting AC and opening files is much quicker and the Library Report & Manager interface is much better
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Have there been any improvements in units of measure? Can define our own? Is there a bigger selection of units to choose from? The enhanced operability with Excel files will probably make the upgrade worth it to me. I wish formulas in schedules were easier in ArchiCAD, but if I can get the data extracted in to Excel files I can incorporate the formulas there. Geometric object-based calculations can only get you so are with schedules. What we have always needed in ArchiCAD is some way to work formulas into the calculation process. We may not have this yet in ArchiCAD but I hope we will at least have a way to get what we need using Excel files.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Also I take it the Goodies Add-ons like Roof to Mesh and Check Duplicates will be released shortly?
They are here (no Roof to Mesh, only Mesh to Roof 😉😞

http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ac14/INT.html

I think the Goodies are nowadays always shipping with the version.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let the Revit Guys improve & develop Revit.

Let the ArchiCAD guys improve & develop ArchiCAD.

Let the Freeformers improve & develop Freeform Software.

Let us choose what we will use, 1 some or all.

By the sum of all the info on this and other forums, we need all the help we can get.

So its good if all these high end Architectural programs can start interacting and build one giant complex BIM machine.

That way we will all be happy that we dont use the drawing board as much now.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
laszlonagy wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ac14/INT.html
I think the Goodies are nowadays always shipping with the version.
I did have a look for them first in the AC14 folder plus the Add-ons folder but they weren't there. I failed to find the correct web page (thanks for the link btw) and where there used to be a command in the AC13's Help menu there isn't in AC14
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
...and where there used to be a command in the AC13's Help menu there isn't in AC14
Strange, I have the link:

Help\ArchiCAD 14 Downloads
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
...and where there used to be a command in the AC13's Help menu there isn't in AC14
Strange, I have the link:

Help\ArchiCAD 14 Downloads
Maybe Fuzzy imported his work environment from AC13? Would this cause the links to the AC14 downloads to disappear perhaps?
Peter wrote:
- Better offset functionality seems to work well. It's much the same as before but with more options.
Actually, I'm really loving this! I didn't realise how much of a pain the old functionality was. Using the 'offset edge' function on an L shaped piece of wall actually works as you would expect - the ends don't increase in length any more! Hooray!
Srinivas
Booster
Actually, I'm really loving this! I didn't realise how much of a pain the old functionality was. Using the 'offset edge' function on an L shaped piece of wall actually works as you would expect - the ends don't increase in length any more! Hooray!
Peter,

Not sure if you already viewed this video on youtube about the offset tool in Archicad, just in case you haven't, you will love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2cm1qoQvVo
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
JaredBanks
Mentor
Srinivas,

great link. thanks.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas wrote:
Peter,

Not sure if you already viewed this video on youtube about the offset tool in Archicad, just in case you haven't, you will love this.
Thanks Srinivas, I knew about the various offset options in AC13. AC14 gives you a few more methods and techniques to play with now! And they seem to work properly too!