cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 21 stair function not working well---please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi I just started to use Archicad 21, and I like the stair function it provides. The stair I draw shows nicely in 3D. However, the same stair does not show up correctly in 2d floor plan. I am attaching the image of the 2d stair I drew here. Can somebody tell me what is wrong with the stair I drew and how can I fix it? Many thanks!

33.png
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Advisor
That is the default line type used by the tool. Mine defaults to the cloud line type. You need to go through all your plan settings and change the line types to what you need. Be aware that some tabs have multiple pages.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
David Maudlin
Rockstar
seutaojiang:

If you can use one Type for all lines, then go to Stair Settings > Floor Plan Display > Floor Plan Symbol Overrides > Override Object's Line Types.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi David and Bruce, Thank you very much for helping me! I think your answers fixed the problem!!!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
seutaojiang:

I'm glad that helped, thanks for adding your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14