Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 6.5 on win 7 (square meters display problem)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Archicad 6.5 and i had it on my XP everything was great untill my hard drive died. I bought new PC because the old one was so old i was not able to use the other drives because my motherboard was 2002 and not support sata connection and 40gb+ drives...

So i bought new computer with windows 7 and when i install archicad 6.5 on the new drive everything is ok. but one thing is messed up. Instead of 172m² program show m 172 ²

Check this out.

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD 6.5 was released in 2000, I think. Windows 7 was released in 2009. ARCHICAD 6.5 (or any other software) cannot be expected to be compatible with an operating system that is released 9 years later.
So it is very probable that you will encounter similar issues. ARCHICAD 6.5 is simply not meant to be run on Windows 7 or later.
You should probably upgrade to a later version of ARCHICAD. The current version is ARCHICAD 19. You will be shocked to see how much the program improved since 6.5.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
ARCHICAD 6.5 was released in 2000, I think. Windows 7 was released in 2009. ARCHICAD 6.5 (or any other software) cannot be expected to be compatible with an operating system that is released 9 years later.
So it is very probable that you will encounter similar issues. ARCHICAD 6.5 is simply not meant to be run on Windows 7 or later.
You should probably upgrade to a later version of ARCHICAD. The current version is ARCHICAD 19. You will be shocked to see how much the program improved since 6.5.

Yes but the funny thing is i have 6.0 because i updated to 6.5 and 6.0 works fine... And 6.0 is older than 6.5 "_"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, it is funny. But it only shows how unpredictable it is whether an application will be able to run fine on an operating system released much later or not.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Have you tried compatibility mode? Right-click the AC 6.5 EXE and choose Properties. Then the Compatibility tab and finally check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows XP SP 3. Or Windows 2000 or NT 4.0.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB