Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad and Maxonform

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask....

We are using Archicad v11 in our (architectural) office. We're really having some problems with the 3D profiler in Archicad, and am looking at Maxonform for a viable workaround. I do have a license of C4D v10.5 but have found that the Archicad-C4D "bridge" is only a "one way street" (i.e. geometred CREATED in C4D can not be brought back into the Archicad model with the "bridge") at this time, although I just learned that the bridge between Allplan and C4D is now a "two way street". My goal would be to do all the basic geometry in Archicad (that it does well and fast), and then do those detail tasks what we had expected 3D Profiler to do, in Maxonform. The critical part is that any new geometry created in Maxonform can be brought (seamlessly???) into Archicad as an "updated" model. Someone on the C4D forum had indicated that Maxonform is indeed a "two way street"...just want to confirm.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
I am familiar with Archicad's 3D modeling limitations. What I was hoping was to see some of what Josephus is designing that he is having trouble modeling in AC. Sometimes I, and other ACtalkers, like to challenge ourselves as to 'how could I do that'.
Hey, thats a good idea
Why not make a section in the forum specifically dedicated to weekly or monthly challenges?! That would be cool. I think the AC community would like this (I know I would). I've seen some software forums do this kind of thing on a weekly basis....how 'bout it Graphisoft?

Just realized that there is a 'forum related' section....I'll probably re-post this in that forum.