Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad and Maxonform

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask....

We are using Archicad v11 in our (architectural) office. We're really having some problems with the 3D profiler in Archicad, and am looking at Maxonform for a viable workaround. I do have a license of C4D v10.5 but have found that the Archicad-C4D "bridge" is only a "one way street" (i.e. geometred CREATED in C4D can not be brought back into the Archicad model with the "bridge") at this time, although I just learned that the bridge between Allplan and C4D is now a "two way street". My goal would be to do all the basic geometry in Archicad (that it does well and fast), and then do those detail tasks what we had expected 3D Profiler to do, in Maxonform. The critical part is that any new geometry created in Maxonform can be brought (seamlessly???) into Archicad as an "updated" model. Someone on the C4D forum had indicated that Maxonform is indeed a "two way street"...just want to confirm.
10 REPLIES 10
Rakela Raul
Participant
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19583&start=20&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlig...

click your own post above..read it again and you will have your answer.
2 way comm = maxonform
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
fogot about that post Will read through it again...thank you for the reminder.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK...so I read my earlier post, although the comment "it (Maxonform) is the best of some bad options" is not a great endorsement.

Any updates on the latest version w/ AC11?
Rakela Raul
Participant
i dont know much about MF, not that i know much about anything really but i can tell you that MF since version AC9 is the same i think, and the only thing that changes is the 'bridge' between AC and MF for ea AC version. I think it is a great addon, or will be a great addon i should say.
but i wouldnt buy MF to replace 3d profiler; for that, i would buy the Encina addon or Archiforma IMHO.
Personally, i like MF with all the Cons we all know.
do a search to learn more about MF, or google it..there is a fair article by a lady 'camachi' 'ichie' or something that sound chinese to me...sorry i dont remember.

http://www.aecbytes.com/review/2005/MaxonForm.html
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'm curious;what are you modeling that archicad won't do?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
TomWaltz
Participant
Erika wrote:
I'm curious;what are you modeling that archicad won't do?
Almost anything with compound curves, tensile forms, organic shapes. Profiled walls and mesh can only do so much. You can do some with GDL, but you better really know what you want and be good at trigonometry and algebra.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree with every thing mentioned above , but one thing ... Maxonform needs a lot lot lot more to be considered as a real - BIM- Add-on .

yes for modeling , but unfortunately still it needs to be more into VB world.

and here not only talking about the lack of extracting numeric data , but even interacting with other tools , " which i can understand as a GDL object ' so we need to use SEO but again .Wrong documentation in plans .

but in the end , the shapes that we create in MF is a small portion of what we face everyday , but still i would love to see such a powerful weapon , being used in a proper way.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I am familiar with Archicad's 3D modeling limitations. What I was hoping was to see some of what Josephus is designing that he is having trouble modeling in AC. Sometimes I, and other ACtalkers, like to challenge ourselves as to 'how could I do that'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
I would like to see too.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25