Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad and politics

christiandcdc
Participant
As I anticipate the renwal of my 20+ years of being an Archicad user and owner, I can't help but notice the political world and changes. Being in the US, I know we're not immune from political issues but the more I read about suppression of of disention and university funding in Hungary I'm wondering if Graphisoft / Nemscheck has a corporate policy on the current / future situation.

I'm worried there will be a point that a tool I've used most of my professional career may be either diminished in its development through exodus of talent or politically "questionable"to use.

Not intended as a political rant one way or the other, just a realpoltick question about a major investment and primary tool I use to do what I do.
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Lion 10.12.4
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
AC 20 USA
1 REPLY 1
Archicad was born inside the Iron Curtain, so the guys have some very serious experience. Additionally, unlike back then, Nemetschek/Graphisoft is now an international company, so as a company (and as company employees, and company intelligence) they are beyond the politics of any individual country. They will operate wherever they find they can better flourish. We will all be gone, today's politicians and politics will be gone, and AC will still be around.